newborn rat no mommy. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

newborn rat no mommy.

so i know i took on a huge responsibility. i bought a baby feeder from a pet store. i can get him to eat it i put the milk in his mouth. no forcefully but i use the lil tear dropper to put the milk in him. but when i go to try and have him go to the bathroom he dose not go. yes i massage him when im done feeding him. but i wonder if he isnt getting any milk but it looks like it he swollows. i use a cotton swab on him. the closest thing i got to poop was red lil poppy seed sized stuff. and that has worried me. he has lived for a day now but i dont know if that matters or not or how long he will live like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbabyrats2 View Post
so i know i took on a huge responsibility. i bought a baby feeder from a pet store. i can get him to eat it i put the milk in his mouth. no forcefully but i use the lil tear dropper to put the milk in him. but when i go to try and have him go to the bathroom he dose not go. yes i massage him when im done feeding him. but i wonder if he isnt getting any milk but it looks like it he swollows. i use a cotton swab on him. the closest thing i got to poop was red lil poppy seed sized stuff. and that has worried me. he has lived for a day now but i dont know if that matters or not or how long he will live like this.
How old is he? Depending on age, if he's a pinky you may see the milk belly through his skin, if he's older you won't be able to tell like that. Are the eyes closed or open? can you take a pic so we can age him? What are you feeding him exactly?

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lilspaz68; 06-27-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Tags
baby rats, newborn rats, rats