No litter training 4 them - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

No litter training 4 them

Well I have been trying to litter train my ratties for a while. I am at a lost because everytime I put the litterbox in the cage they dig everything out if I give them a flat one they throw the litterpan everywhere. I tried different litters one for bedding one for litter box then amoung numerous other things. The girls win.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna

Last edited by Mousey; 05-16-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Have you tried those chinchilla baths? They are like little homes, a friend of mine uses one as her litter box and it seems to work. It's also nice and deep so it's harder for them to kick things every where. Here a pic of it below.
http://www.chinworld.com/Merchant2/g.../BathHouse.jpg

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 12:16 AM
RAT ADDICT

Some rats are harder then others to train.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

No I never thought about a chin house. Great idea. I tried a gallon jug cut in half tied to the cage bars to suspend it in the air so they couldn't spead the litter everywhere and all that did was contribute to alot of mess!

1 Cat- Luna
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Will It Ever Change?

with th epotty training, i found that once a day when they're awake, go through a put all loose poos in the litterbox. they'll watch you to see what your'e doing. eventually they'll either figure it out or just care not to lol, but my boys mookie (rip) and timmmehhh both picked it up easily. the new guy peter is taking his sweet time lol

p.s. i use a rubbermaid dish bin, i'ts about 6 inches deep and about 12x12 inches, perfect size so they can dig and not pee "over" the edge lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

I was using the bottom half of a gallon jug.

1 Cat- Luna

Tags
cage bars, litter box, litter train, potty train, potty training