A not so fun topic...sorry! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
I Own an Egg Pooper

Red face A not so fun topic...sorry!

Hello all! Just wanted to ask everyone a question and see if someone had an answer for me:
So lately, one of my mice has been having a little bit of...ummm, there is no nice way to say this ...she's been having problems with runny stools. YUK for me! And I doubt its fun for her either!

So does anyone know of anything I can maybe feed her or do for her to get her digestion back to normal?

Thanks sooooooooo much!

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:55 AM
Stinky Liverbrain

How many veggies have you been feeding them? It's only just one out of the 4? Are they together in the same cage? I was thinking that maybe if it's just her, and it's been going on for a while and you feed them fruits and veggies, maybe she's getting more than the rest, so cut back on fruits and veggies for a while. Diarrea is really dangerous for mice cause they are so small that they can dehidrate pretty fast.

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I agree there as its most probably dietry related if shes alright in herself and if non of the others have got it. My suggestion would be if you are feeding her veggies to stop it straight away and maybe give her something to help bind her up like a tiny piece of cheese or dried bread as that used to work with one of my rats who was prone to it and my vet suggested that!

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
I Own an Egg Pooper

Thank you both so much! I was thinking cheese or bread, actually, and I will definately shy away from their papaya and carrot treats for a while!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

What treats can you actually feed without worries anyway?

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

i didnt know they could eat papaya!

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
I Own an Egg Pooper

Well, with nice some general no-nos are seed and apples - seeds because they have sensitive little mouths and sharp shells can either puncture them or get stuck in their cheek/throat (this is how I lost my little Monty...a seed he ate turned into an absyss from getting mislodged, but anyway...) and apples are bad because their seeds hold traces of arsenic...so I steer clear just in case.

-Tare

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Stinky Liverbrain

actually, apple without the seeds is a great treat, I give it to my crew all the time... just avoid the seed. That is also true for dogs (apple = great treat for dogs, but seeds are a NO-NO!) other veggies and fruits like grapes, carrots, banana.... just avoid citrics... and do NOT give them in large quantities cause they high humidity causes diarrhea. If you are afraid about the quantities, you can buy a bag of dry fruits (with no sugar added) and give them those as treats, and they love them too. Also cherios can be given as treats and yogurt drops (sold at pet stores) are really fun for them.

Dimaris

Tags
pet store, pet stores