Oh dear.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh dear....

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. My little girl Topaz passed away (as some of you know) and my mother stoped breeding rats because she hasn't been feeling good and I have the rescue going. Well my aunt who lives a good 5 hours away from us came to visit and said he has gifts for me. I was thinking clothes or something but she got me 3 new little rats!!! However when we walked into my room she felt bad because now I have 13 rats, My mom had called her and told her about Topaz but didn't tell my aunt about my resuce. So she thought I only had Nazarath lol, So she felt bad but I told her not to. She said I could put them up for adoption but being that they are gifts that would just be rude. They've been through thier 2 weeks about... 3ish weeks ago and are doing fine. Their names are as fallows:
Ratticus: Double Red Dumbo male (about 10ish weeks old)
Xandria: Blue hooded dumbo (about 7weeks old)
Berry Silver: Blue Berkshire (about 6ish months old)

Hope everyone enjoy the pictures!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xandria_jpg_w180h135.jpg (7.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg ratticus_jpg_w180h135.jpg (6.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg berrysilver_jpg_w180h135.jpg (6.6 KB, 11 views)

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Will It Ever Change?

WOW what adorable colours! ahem....and ratties lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 08:55 PM
RAT ADDICT

CongRATS! They are cute little guys! I love the name "Berry Silver" too!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

thnx!!!
however I have more good/bad news. My aunt got these little guys from a co-worker who ended up having them make her sneez. I doubt they were kept together because my aunt had them all apart (as did the woman) however Berry Silver apears to be Pergo. So i'm asuming that she A. came from a pet store B. the woman tried breeding rats and just couldn't handle how many she had/ she might have gotten rid of all of them.
So I'M SUPER excited and not at the same time. I think everyone knows what I mean, I'm moved her into a new more secluded cage so she wont be bothered. I'm also going to cook her up some eggs later . She's scheduled for a vet visit tomorrow along with one of my boys.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 04:39 PM
RAT ADDICT

WOW! What a suprise.Your in for some more ratties! Have fun with them.

* Lisa *

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

thats my plan, she's not HUGE yet but you can tell she's a plump little girl.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Pics

I just took some pics of the prego girl because I don't want to jump the gun if she's just fat lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PreogBerry.jpg.jpg (18.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 380.jpg (18.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 383.jpg (18.8 KB, 11 views)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 10:51 PM

You certainly are going to have your hands full! Enjoy them. I love rat-a-tats!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:05 AM
RAT ADDICT

It's hard to tell from the pics.But I had pregnant rats before and they had bellies like that,before they got bigger I mean.

Pregnant rats appear pear shaped!

* Lisa *

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

She looks pregnant to me as well.

Maybe my experience (tons of pics of my first and only oops litter last August) might help.

Goosemoose Pet Portal - Prominent nipples on young female...EEEEPERS Finally!!! Update 08/21

Also start daily weighing with a digital scale. She looks the same size as my Bronwen was and this was her weights.

Bronwen’s Weight Gain (4 months old)
Aug. 11 – 267 g
Aug. 14 – 279 g
Aug. 15 – 289 g
Aug. 16 – 302 g
Aug. 17 – 319 g
Aug. 18 – 329 g
Aug. 19 – 346 g
Aug. 20 – 354 g
Aug. 21 – 364 g (birth)
Sept. 14 – 278 g

Btw now that you have a rescue you will be experiencing this a lot. You might want to cultivate a good relationship with your vet to see if he/she will do e-spays in the future.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

thnx!

. Thanx lilspaz (and everyone else!)
My vet also helps and vet checks the dogs & cats at the rescue I volunteer at . So we've been chatting and so fare she's been giving me the same discount I get at my local pet store, which is about 15% off. We've discussed surprise litters and she told me she can problem do 40-50% off. It's all a little sketchy since we're still new but that’s the numbers we've worked out so fare . Thanx again everyone, I'll get some updated pics and get her weight asap .

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Oily Chickenspew

congrats!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

THNX!!! Berry Silver is such a sweet girl! I hope whoever the dad was, was a friendly guy

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 02:30 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

They are so cute xD

Remember post pics of the babies in the future =D

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh I will, Here are some updated pics. She doesn't seem much bigger but I haven't compaired pics. I also haven't gotten her weight (need to find a scale my vet will let me borrow, unless I can find one online). She's still very happy and an active lil girl.

Edit: she seems about the same size, I swear if she ends up just being a fat little thing. I'm buying her a tread mill lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BerryMay162.jpg.jpg (18.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg berryMay163.jpg (18.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg BerryMay16.jpg.jpg (15.3 KB, 2 views)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Tags
doing fine, local pet store, pet store, vet visit