Oh my, - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

Oh my,

Well Peter, one of my bucks, passed away today. I don't know what happened. I think it is this bug that the ratties caught, the vet told me that there is a 50 50 cahnce of them all making it or not making it. Peter always gave me a hard time in the beginning (trying to catch him as a baby) but it was well worth it RIP PETER. So now reality is setting in I guess. I just hope I don't lose the whole battle. Most of the animals seem to have gotten better but there is a few still in question. All I can do is keep giving them medicine and hope for the best and prepare for the worst even though I knw it will not help with all this pain BUT i'M SURE IT'LL HELP ME SOMEWHERE SOMEHOW. I dunno what to do anymore I don't want to lose all my ratties and my mousery or my rescue mice. It's so sad when I lose one but losing them all seems like too much to bear. So please keep my precious little babies in your thoughts and hope that the rest will pull out of this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I'm so sorry about your mousie. This illness is transferable from your rats to your mice? That's terrible. RIP Peter.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

What illness do they have?

*Missy*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

they have phneumoia-spelling- and Emma (the one that passed yesterday) and Nethie has fluid on their lungs. I dunno how they got this though. And on their last check up everything was fine then two weeks later the ratties started getting sick so I seperated all rodents but I guess I didn't get to qt. in time. . I feel so horrible about all of this. Right now some are on a suspension med and all of them are on antibiotics at the moment. gotta call vet tomorrow though for an update check up

1 Cat- Luna
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Will It Ever Change?

awww im sorry that your babies are sick. RIP ratty, im sorry you lost him. best wishes on a full recovery

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

awww,I hope all your babies get better.RIP Peter.I know what it's like to lose little animals like that.I'll keep you and all of them in my prayers.

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM

Poor babies! I hope they get better.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Newborn Pup

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope they feel better soon.

Amy
My dog may smell bad, but she's always excited to see me!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

the seem a little bit better a few mice are having problems and nethie keeps going up and down but the vet should callme back to day to see if we may need to change meds. I hope not though I hate seeing my liittle babies like this, I feel like a horrible mommy but somewher inseid I know that I am not and that this is a part of the cycle, but it's still hearting breaking at times, being cheery with them seems to be all that helps me. On the bright side my fish and dogs won't get this.

1 Cat- Luna