Oh, WHAT FUN!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Wink Oh, WHAT FUN!!

I had to bring one rats, Timbit, to the vet yesterday due to possible RI, he was checked out throughly, the Doctor I took him to is the best in the clinic. She knows excatly where to feel around for abnormalities, ie: tumors, etc and she has found them on animals just by the touch and saved pet owners al lot of money they would have had to spend for xrays.

He did really well, most rats HATE it b/c well they are not used to being handeled in that way, plus just geing in the vet room stresses them and the poo everywhere, lol. But hey, no one is supposed to feel confortable getting a check up or examined. Human or pet. And it is best for them. But suprisingly he LIKED the feeling around, and looked content as she was doing it like it was a massage. My sister and Dr.Simms was suprised what a good boy Timbit was!! She spent a good 10 minutes on him, and she said he sounds good but since he did show some signs she would give medication.

YEAH, I was hoping for the banana flavored kind as they LOVE it, but they were ALL out and gave me horried Strawberry kind that tastes AWFUL!! -100+ dollars and that was not the only fun of the day. Lets just say first treat ment was horrible, could not catch the little guys in their cage!! No one wanted it and was keen on not getting it. I think I missed one in the confusion.

WELL today I had a good idea...a cloth!! and I moved one of the squares of my cage ove so there was to be no running away. Plus well they were asleep!! I wrapped them ups and they ALL got their medicine, they did not like it but MEH sorry, Vet's orders!! Now I have 12 more hours and another dosage!! SIGH...they hate me right now!!

I feel quite proud of myself but bad at the same time as they now hate me!! BIG BABIES!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Will It Ever Change?

lol they'll live, tough love right? they know you're not hurting them, so they'll be fine, just coo to them while youre giving the meds, the voice can be soothing

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Adolescent Pup

Yep two of my five boys are on AB. Yeah they don't much care for it do they I wrap mine up in a towel with their butts nearest me and their heads facing out then I sneak in and squirt'em. bawahaaaa. We are often greeted with nervous poos in the towel. Most of time it only takes 30secs but that Cosmo is a wily one He gets the better of me occasionally. But, hey, I'm a mom to six human kids, I've done the meds before. The momma will not be denied.

Good luck med-ing the ratties.

Redsweettart

boys: cadoo, cosmo, jinx, moe, ziggy
girlies: sox, chops

gone: Inky--2/7/07 Oreo 4/1/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

The towel helps, but sweet talk don't at all...they hate it!! After I rub them down give the kisses and talk to them and give them kisses....I will by some baby food or something so they will like it...lol but for now they hate me, LMAO!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww I'm sure they don't hate you They know your not hurting them and in the long run it's helping them so don't be so hard on yourself!

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I know, I always feel bad thou!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Adolescent Pup

yeah the rat burrito (rat wrapped in towel) isn't a cure all but it helps. Like last night Cosmo was one wily guy. Likely he only got half his dose. This morning though I was champion!!! Cadoo only has one or two doses left. Hopefully we've seen the end of URIs with him. We'll see about Cosmo. If I don't see the chripy-ness gone by Fri evening, I'll have to haul him to the vet.

Redsweettart

boys: cadoo, cosmo, jinx, moe, ziggy
girlies: sox, chops

gone: Inky--2/7/07 Oreo 4/1/07
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Aww, poor guys. Giving meds is no fun! They'll forgive you quickly though, I'm sure.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Part of the Pack

Good luck with your ratties!

My zoo:
The rats: London, Remmy, Butterfly, and Arabella
The guinea pigs: Victor, Augustus, and baby Milo
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Thanks, they are only on it for 10 days so after that they should like me!! And NEXT TIME they NEED medication I will DEMAND BANANA flavour!! B/C treatment should be a good thing, not bad. And banana is their fave!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 AM
RAT ADDICT

How are they doing?

When I have to give meds to my rats,I put their dosage in some fruity flavored baby food and they lick that up fully,so they get their dose,plus some yummies!

I never had a rat that liked the syringe!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i mix my iguana calsium with pineapple juice tonight he didnt seam to mind it as much that way, and my rats go crazy for pediallyte, if you have that to mix with mine would drink it out of an eye dropper like theres no tomarrow

[/CENTER]

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I am hoping to pick something up, like baby food or something, the HATE it!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Tags
pet owner