Ok i know i wrote in here about this before BUT.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Exclamation Ok i know i wrote in here about this before BUT..

Are you sure this is NORMAL ??
my 2 boy rats are still chasing eachother about and grabing eachother and i think BITING because they SQUEEEK when they do it its scaring me and i try and seperate them but i dont wanna scare them ...
and sometimes one will just go ontop and BITE the other one
theres NO BLOOD or no bald patches ??
but its worrying me
they cuddle and play all the time its just the BITE then SQEEK that freaks me outtttt im scared of them hurting eachother

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

hmmm... I think it's probably just dominance problems... so long as there is no blood it should be fine, but if there is you'll have to seperate them. when rats are sorting out who's the dominate one it can be quite noisy. I'd wait for other peoples points of veiws, but if it is extreme I would recommend separating them for one night and putting them back together the next day, I did that with my rats once and although this didn't stop, it was not as bad. I hope everythings ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Will It Ever Change?

lol trust me, don't worry. no blood no foul. my timmy rat is an eppster to the max. i've posted on here many times asking "but....are you SURE?" and yes, it's okay. they go back and forth with dominance just like us humans do. as long as they sleep together, even just sometimes, everything is okay. think of it as an arm wrestle and someone says "okay i give!"

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the quick reply's !!
yeah maybe im just paranoid
and because there my first rats im all jumpy LOL

ive always ever had like one animal on its on never a PAIR lol
so its amazing to see how they play and everything
i had a guinea pig on its own and i regret that now after seeing how
close these fellas are !!

(Nataile) how many rats do you have btw ?
and Nikita have you pics of yours ?

x

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Will It Ever Change?

i have one rat, but i used to have two, twice acutally lol. i also only used to have single animals but after seeing my degus together i almost died and went to heaven! they play so much, rely on each other so much, groom and sleep together, it's amazing eh?

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

YEAH its so nice to see everyone goes AWWWWH when they see my two together you can tell they enjoy another friend !
awww one rattie i was gonna get one but i read up a little and found out a pair is much more kinder and im glad i done my research ..
i read that you have degu's how are they as pets ?
me and my boyfriend seen them not so long ago they look dead cute
x

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Will It Ever Change?

degu's are so darling. they sound like birds, and act like dogs. mine were warbling to each other all the time, and when i came home or want near the cage they were hanging off teh walls trying to get my attention. they are however not as cuddly as rats. degus are fast like gerbils, they're not into chilling out with you. they do curl up in your clothes (while you wear them lol). once when i had a cold i was wrapped in a blanket and one just curled up in the blanket with me, but only for about ten minutes then she was off exploring again

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

I have got piccies on my phone that I really like and want to download on the computer, I'm a bit of a dope when it comes to technoledgy, so I am trying right now. I have some really cute ones of them in the hammock that I'd really like to share, I also have some of my hamster playing in the garden too lol! I'm desprate to get them up and will as soon as possible!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Check out this page for recordings of rats sounds to try to learn what the different sounds mean. Hopefully they will play for you.

Norway Rat Vocalizations

This recording in particular is close to what it would sound like if your rats were really having a fight.
Shriek

In actuality this rat is not in a fight, but it's a similar noise, definitely not the little squeak you would hear with playful wrestling.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
degu's are so darling. they sound like birds, and act like dogs. mine were warbling to each other all the time, and when i came home or want near the cage they were hanging off teh walls trying to get my attention. they are however not as cuddly as rats. degus are fast like gerbils, they're not into chilling out with you. they do curl up in your clothes (while you wear them lol). once when i had a cold i was wrapped in a blanket and one just curled up in the blanket with me, but only for about ten minutes then she was off exploring again
AWWWWWWWW how cute !!
only one of my boys are cuddly LOL
the other one wants to do his own THANG LOL

Quote:
I have got piccies on my phone that I really like and want to download on the computer, I'm a bit of a dope when it comes to technoledgy, so I am trying right now. I have some really cute ones of them in the hammock that I'd really like to share, I also have some of my hamster playing in the garden too lol! I'm desprate to get them up and will as soon as possible!
Haha im quite good at pc's i must say maybe because im never of MINE lol ...
yay please let me know when you get the picces cause i wanna meet your little guys x

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks mo i'll listen to them right now

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 05:56 PM

you guys are so lucky I'm jelous! It's illegle to own Degu's where I am! I was going to adopt two that were dropped off at the shelter but then we found out I couldn't. Luckily they didn't have to put them down or anything the wildlife rehab lady came for them and I got to foster them for a week until she could take them. They were so cool, I bawled my eyes out when I had to give them up!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

awww that sounds so sweet- thats why I will never be able to get a fostering job but i'm happy with my pets right now

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

Tags
guinea pig