OK now i'm panicing :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Unhappy OK now i'm panicing :(

Ok well you all must know my rat bro's novo and toto and a while back i told you's about them play fighting all the time but NOVO the small one always started it.
So i came home tonight and held NOVO and felt like a wee rough bump on his back i managed to look underneath his fur and its like a little red scab like a bite or somthing is this common in young male rats that are playfull to maybe bite one another and leave scabs it doesnt seem to bother him at all but i don't know if it is a bite but it looks to me like it is because what else could it be ?
Should i seperate them ? because the small one NOVO always starts the fights by humping TOTO is this fine i am really panicing because i hav never had rats before i cannot take a picture because its under his fur and he wont sit for long have you guys had anything like this ? please some1 reply before i pull my hair out !!
x

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 06:58 PM

I found a bunch of bite marks on Daisy and had to separate them. I got a bigger cage for them and they've been fine.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Well mine have never been agressive towards eachother and novo ( the one with the bite ) isnt scared of toto because he starts them !
It was just tonight i went into let them out and novo had like a scabby sore on his back i really don't think toto is being agressive but maybe trying to tell novo who is boss ? i really do need someone to let me know weither this is normal or not !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 08:15 PM

Are you sure its from their playfighting? My rats sampson and Domino were big on playfighting and one day I found something on Domino similar to that but it ended up being that he had an itch and dug himself raw.
Rats dont know when to quit itching themselves and sometimes do that. All they think is that they have an itch and to itch it right away. Maybe you should bring Novo to the vets to get it checked out. They might be able to give you meds for him, just in case his injury becomes infected.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Try not to panic about one small sore. Keep an eye on it and take him to the vet if it doesn't heal up. Watch to see if he is scratching a lot. Even if it is a bite from his bro, that's ok, it's normal that they might sometimes get into scuffles. If no more scabs appear then it's no big deal.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

I dont think this is anything to panic about, so try not to worry. I occationally find tiny, tiny lil'bites on my rats ears because they playfight a lot to- what I do is clean the wound and check to see if it is. It usually is fine, but very rarly I have to just keep a close eye on them because it may be a lil'deep or something like that. If it does not seem to get better than take him to a vet, but for now just get some cotton wool and damp it with warm water to gently wash it so you can check it's fine.
If it is his itching you can get things from your pet shop, they can be expencive, but they do work and last for a while!
good luck!!
xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone is seems like the scab is like peeling of i washed it twice so i'm just going to see wut happens .
Also i have found like little scratches round novo's eyes like nail scratches and some on totos leg .. is this from playfighting and is it fine for them to have them or should i do somthing ? x

Tags
male rat, male rats, pet shop