ok what do you think?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ok what do you think??

I finally got ahold of the lady i got my rat and babies from. She had the baby 3 days before she got her, when she got her she put her in her only spare cage wich had a unnuetered male in it she was in that cage with him for 2 days before i got her and the babies. wich was the 20th of this month. SO that means the babies were born about the 15th of this month. SO my question is could she be carring a new set of babies or not? and if so when would they be due? Oh and i finally got the name of my mama her name is delilah. LoL exactly what my sisters said i couldnt name her LoL I am tempted to get a male and name him samson

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Just so I understand, she had a litter, and when they were one day old, she and her litter were put in with a male for two days? I am having to resist the urge to haul back across a few states to cybersmack that 'rescuer' on the back of the head for her absolute stupidity. I can understand a random joe making that mistake honestly, but someone who rescues rats?? In a pinch she could have put them in a storage bin for two days if she had to. Walmart sells 'em cheap. I've got an image of this person with a dunce cap on her head announcing herself at a rats anonymouse meeting "Hi, I r a rescuer...I likes rescuing soooooos much, I goes out of my way to make more rats soes I can rescue them. Duhhur!" (I know, I'm being an over the top ***, but I am doing some serious headdesk right now).

I'd say it's very possible she could be pregnant again. Ugh. What a nightmare for you. As for getting a male....heh, I'd vote just keeping one of her female babies and naming /her/ Sampson. Let's not have any more oopses!

And hmmm. If she is pregnant, she could have another litter around the 6th of January? Unless rats do that delayed implantation thing? I don't know if they do or not. Make sure she has plenty of high quality food. If she's preggers again this soon, it's going to be super stressful on her poor little body.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 12-27-2010 at 10:07 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

she has a rescue for ALL animals not just rats. I dont think a rat specific rescuer would be silly enough to do that!!! I am frustrated too with it.

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

oh and i dont ACTUALLY plan to get a male rat! lol when they get older i will chose a female from her litter as a companion for her and home the rest.

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

OK so the babies were 3 days old when she got them? Then no the mom is unlikely to be pregnant. They hvae a post-birth heat within 24 hours and the rescuer missed that window thank god!!

How many babies is in the litter now? I am surprised the male didn't eat any! They would just be snacks at this age to any male.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

there are 13 and none got eatenall doing awesome and getting fur now it is so cute

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Squints and rereads the post. Oh! I thought they were put together after 1 day. Cheeze pastelsummer, apparently I can't read your posts accurately. LOL.

(The rescue person still gets an eye roll at the near miss)

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

"Rescue" person gets a lot more than an eyeroll from me...so many things could have gone wrong. Those babies could easily have been killed, the mom injured, etc UGH

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yes i know i did inform her of what could happen and that they can rebreed right after birth. i dont know if she listened or not *shrugs* i am just glad i got them before anything was done to hurt them

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies