Photos! Over due update =) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Over due update =)

It has been far too long since I was on the forum but everyone was right when they said college would take up a lot to all of your time. So unfortunately I am no longer running the rescue BUT the good news is I was able to re home all the rats I had for adoption and kept my personal pets until they passed. I have recently gotten rats in my life again in a rescue kind of way you could say. A friend I made at the college had rats he kept as feeders for his snakes decided to stop breeding and no longer needed the rats so I took them in. Unfortunately he had not separated the females from the male so I got two litter’s, the first litter only had 3 born and only 2 survived. Then in the second litter from the other female we got 7 little ones but she is not the best mother since she let two of them get squished and two I found dead outside/near the nest. She has three left but only one of them has a decent milk band and she is always covering them and only seems to let them nurse when I uncover them for her. Anyways, the male (Little G) has been separated and will have his song as a cage mate once he is weaned. I am letting the daughter stay with the two mothers and will probably separate the sexes of the second littler IF she does not let the last three die as well. Phew! Now that you have their background in a nut shell time for pictures! =D

The first female who I have not named yet, she is mom to Chef & Lucky.

This would be Chef ^_^

This is our handsome man Lucky.

This is the other mother who I also have no named yet. I am having trouble finding things that separate them other than the first mother appears to be a little larger/chunkier than this girl.

This would be Little G, a Berkshire dumbo male. I love dumbos =)

A picture of the 6 before it was cut down to three =(

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Beautiful ratties! Thanks for the photos! Lucky is such a sweetie pie! I love those markings. So precious!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thank you! I can't lie lucky is a personal favorite. I love Little G but he's more of a other rat lover than a people cuddler that Lucky is. I will feel a lot better when he has lucky as a cage mate than living alone like he is right now but with nothing all that local adoption wise I don't see myself going to petco to pick-up a male for him etc etc. thank you for looking!

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 AM
laugh often

Aww. congrats on the new additions. They are way cute

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Zoo Keeper

WOW two babies are so chunky. I cant wait til I can get rats again I love G and Lucky
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thank you everyone! unfortunatly I have some bad news =( mama ended up some how squishing two fo the 6 pups and then I found two more shoved off in a corner purple, cold and unresponsive So there are two left now, one looks to be a black hooded poss berky? and I am not sure about the other one. I took a stab at sexing them and I believe they are both males. I will try to get an up-dated picture or two when I get home today.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Good luck with the rest of the babies. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have to lose any more. The photos are absolutely adorable!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 05:44 AM
RAT ADDICT

Aww,cute ratties.

I am sorry that mommy rat is not being a very good mom.
Hopefully the last two babies make it.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thnx you two, so far the last two babies are doing great! still alive with milk bands! although they are starting to get hard to see lol. Both appear to be males, I think one will be a black berky and the other will be a white siamese type not too sure yet. Also recently seperated the males from mom & sister and working introducing them to good ole dad who doesn't seem to mind them silly children much. She moved the two babies into a capri sun box I gave her and get's a little nippy when I try to check on them so I will get pics asap =)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Tags
rat