overwieght rat?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

overwieght rat?!

in June my rat anneleise had a miscarriage and she is not able to lose the weight i am concerened that it will cause health issues. i always joke around that it is her 'baby fat'. they are almost a year an half old and my daughter and i love them so much! does anyone have any suggestions? please help we dont want to lose her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Rats don't carry baby weight like a human does at all. After giving birth they are often chunky and at 18 months they go through a bit of middle aged spread. How is her health beyond the chubbiness?

How did she miscarry? Was she pregnant and reasorbed or had a still-born litter?

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

other then the miscarriage she is really healthy (and the weight) she asorbed some of them but also some of them mumiffied in her so she had to be put on a medication to help her pass them. the vet said i wouldnt even see them after she passed because she would eat them. she is not just chunky but fat! i will have to post a picture. her sister is a little chunky. thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterbutter85 View Post
other then the miscarriage she is really healthy (and the weight) she asorbed some of them but also some of them mumiffied in her so she had to be put on a medication to help her pass them. the vet said i wouldnt even see them after she passed because she would eat them. she is not just chunky but fat! i will have to post a picture. her sister is a little chunky. thank you so much
Mummified fetuses are a myth, and even though they have happened they are RARE, so I would count that out. I think you just have a chubby rat.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
rat