Oxbow Regal Rat with New Flavor?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oxbow Regal Rat with New Flavor?!

Hey all,

I just got my new small pet catalog from Drs. Foster and Smith, the pet supply place where I order items for my babies from time to time, and I noticed that the Oxbow Regal Rat food was described as "cheese" flavored, rather than what it always used to say was apple flavored. Still no fillers, no corn, etc, and seems to be the same Oxbow as before.

I suspect that since so many rat people have famously talked about how their rats did not like the taste of it, that the Oxbow company finally decided to try it with a different flavor.

Just a quick FYI!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Newborn Pup

I just recently started my baby girl on it. She loves it!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh that is great! There you go! I was wondering when Oxbow was going to try a new flavor for their ratty food because so many ratties tend not to like the old flavor, even though it is a terrific brand for them. Glad your girl likes the new flavor!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Wow, what good news!! I tried my boys on Oxbow back in the day right after I got them, but they refused it. I even drizzled olive oil--which they LOVED--over it, still to no avail! Hopefully this new flavor will improve its palatability.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Breyer (Hi, how are you??!)

Yes, I think that was a great move on the Oxbow company's part to try a new flavor. They MUST have been listening to feedback from ratty people about the old apple flavor. Personally, I always thought apple flavored ratty blocks sounded delicious, but I guess a lot of rats did not share my opinion!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Newborn Pup

I agree completely. Lily never really liked the Apple, but she cannot get enough of the new formula!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Newborn Pup

Another interesting thing: this new formula has her much healthier looking. Her coat is visibly shinier and she is more energetic and playful.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Hi Lavende,

The Oxbow company would probably love to hear this good feedback! I am sure they are already getting good comments back from people on the new flavor.

I totally forgot, you were the same person I just responded to about having rats in a college situation and I forgot that you DO already have a girl rat, Lily. So she is by herself? What size housing does she have?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladina View Post
Hi Lavende,

I totally forgot, you were the same person I just responded to about having rats in a college situation and I forgot that you DO already have a girl rat, Lily. So she is by herself? What size housing does she have?
She has a decently sized cage that was made for me by a friend who makes cages. Its got three levels and a pod-thing in it that kinda acts as a fourth. I obviously cannot take that with me.

She has no friend because she rejected (very badly) our first attempt at getting her a cagemate and that scared my parents from trying again. I am willing to try again, but my pleading has not worked as of yet.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Playful Pup

I haven't been on in a while, but I was interested in this post mostly because I saw Oxbow. my girls like oxbow food, iI do mix it in with other food but they always eat it all. Now i am curious and kind of nervous to buy oxbow if the flavor has changed. But i am sure my girls will like it cause they like the cheese flavored yogurt drops which they get everyone once in a blue moon. Do they still offer the regular one?

My animals are my babies:
Cats: Abegale, Figaro, Chud and Adalynn
Ferrets: Panda & Fox
Mice: Nakotah, Raina and Esme (all white)
Rats: Ava (white&gray) and Isabel *new addition* Opal and Zuri (part siamese)
My Parents Cats (I love them like they are my own): Cutie, Grey, Precious, Milo, Belindo (aka Billy), Oreo, Pepper, Koda and Fluffers

Rest in Peace all my babies I miss you dearly:
Mice: Sable (March 2013), Piper (March 2012), Kayleigh (Dec 31, 2011), Eleanor, Analeghsia, Chloe and Zoey.
My Kitties I grew up with: Babs, Gonzo. Moon and Angel
My kitties who never came back home: Peach and Buster
I miss you all, you will forever hold a place in my Heart <3
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am not sure if they still offer the old apple flavor or not. I am sure you could check the Oxbow website and see?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith