Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Pests!

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Carissa 
#1 ·
Argh. I keep finding roaches >o Ugh, I put this off because I hate hate to kill something because it's an annoyance to me, but it's either me or them, and I don't even put another humans life above mine, so they gots to go.
But...
My rats ;.;
I don't want anything harming mah babies..And no one can take them in for a few days (believe me, I've been looking for new possible homes for them in case of emergency..)
I fear spray poison because it can drift through the air and get my mice and rats,
and I fear bait traps because my rats will think it's a special candy just for them, even if I DO keep them in their cage, they're crafty and escape when I change the water bottle >.> I suppose if I put them in their traveling cage first, but it's still a risk.

I don't think there's anything harmful enough to kill roaches but not harmful for other animals (humans included)
Also, what if one of the boys NOWs thinks its the time to hunt roaches and eats a poisoned one? x.x (they can always crawl INTO the cage)

#9 ·
I have roaches at home to as pests, but I'm more concerned with the ants that have decided to come and take over everything so I'm killing ants and if I see a cockroach I kill it too. Anyone know how I could get rid of the ants, as they annoy my mice?
KInd Regards Rhiannon

#10 ·
i know this is kinda an older post, but maybe you could put the ratties in travel cages in the car or something while you bomb the house? my friend had roaches in a house they rented, the only way to truely get rid of them is to bomb the whole house at once.. best of luck!

#15 ·
Carissa said:
lol I had one when I was 7, her name was queeny! aww i loved her!
Awwww...was she a hissing cockroach? I hear they make good,interesting pets.We only have brown cockroaches (I think) here and they are not common.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.