peter's progress report - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

peter's progress report

so i have had peter for a long and a bit now (i think.....i really need to write these things down) and i thought i'd update since he was in terrible shape when i got him.
when he arrive home with me, i was warned that he's scared and timid, and poops everywhere (when you have him out of cage). i also found him to be bony, lacking some pudge, and naaaasty fur. i also noticed that the girl was feeding him (and her two girl rats) a mix of cat and dog food (ick). now, i'm wondering if he could be a rex? his fur still "looks" nasty but to touch it is silky smooth, and his whiskers aren't straight as an arrow like timmys. they're not curly-whirly, but they are curvy and arced and funny looking lol. he's certainly NOT "timid" by any means, his personality is hilarious, very degu-ish in movement. if she considered him timid then she's stupid (sorry but come on) he was just shy from lack of handling. 2 days with me and he was a regular puppy again (i call all rats puppies cause they remind me of dogs lol). i'd only done one week of qt because i really felt he needed timmy to help clean his fur. and boy does timmy love pinning him down to clean him lol. of course peter also pins down tim to clean him too. timmy's SUCH an eeeeper, like anytime peter TOUCHES him while he's drinking, it's eeep eeep wah wah, everday there's eeping, but i know from when mookie was around, timmy's just a BIG wuss. i did get him at 4 weeks old. meh. they've lived together a month now, fur and personality are present and accounted for. fur looks wierd but feels normal. timmy has taught him that i'm momma, and peter now licks me!! hahahaha poo on you stupid rat girl lol. OH! and never ONCE has he pooped on me, so i dunno what she did to scare him so bad, cause he's completely ratty with me. they love chasing each other around the bathroom, seeing what the other is exploring, and stepping on each other to see who can get to momma first lol. it's funny to see, peter comes up to see me, timmy sits on him or shoves him out of the way to he can get to me first. i always take them both out or places together, i dont' want peter to get toally shafted, he's a sweetie with lots of energy and has come out of his shell quite nicely. he's almost at par with timmy's outgoing-ness, everyday gets a liiiiiiiittle closer i'll be taking some new pics soon. peter's at his growth spurt and is now almost the same size as timmy, i think he's only maybe 2 weeks younger than tim. anywho, thought i'd update you all things are swell!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awesome to hear -- what's your socialization method for rats...just place them in your sweatshirt and take them around with you?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

yup, from day one, i stick 'em in my sweater, an hour in the morning, an hour at night, and any other time in the day....DAILY, and poof they become dogs lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

That's GREAT news..
Rats are definately one of my most fave small animals

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Did you give him a bath yet? He could be a rex if he hair is kinda curly...if you compare him to your other rat you should be able to see.

*Missy*
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

i haven't given either of them baths. he feels a silky as timmy but his fur is....i dunno wierd i guess, i could call it wavy. his whiskers aren't curled like wrapping ribbon but they're curvy and NOT straight like timmys. maybe i'll just bath them lol i'll start a new thread for that.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Oily Chickenspew

good news!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

cant wait to see some pics of them together

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

woot awesome news about your boy! Speaking of ages I figured out today that nazy is 1yr and 9 months old!!! he's almost two!!!! Great to hear you little one is doing loads better .

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 12:28 AM
RAT ADDICT

Oh thats such good news! I wanna see more pics!!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Zorro and Hercules are rexes. Your description of Peter's hair and whiskers sounds just like them. Your man is probably a rex and you didn't even know it!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:40 PM
RAT ADDICT

I had a rex before.There's no mistaking a rex! Curly fur and curly whiskers! I miss my rex.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

yea its about time for pics he he

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

hehehe oh yes pic spics, soon my dears

Tags
dog food