Photo's - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

Photo's

I got 2 new mice when went I went to a China Dragon Buffet place. I am curious as to what kind of mouse one of them is. She has black and white on top and on the bottom it is off white and tan. In the pics. you can't tell the color as well but you can see a difference. If anyone knows what she could be please tell me. It'll be the first 2 pics. It's not really good pics she's still jumpy. As for the rest of the photos enjoy.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/IMG_0011.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/IMG_0013.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/IMG_0009.jpg

there'll be more here here I just gotta download them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

And here's the Ratties.(in that famouse movie preview voice)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/5-14-071.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...IMG_0009-1.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/IMG_0014.jpg

1 Cat- Luna
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

the newest mouse/bin cage I built!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/IMG_0038.jpg

And a Ferret cage I converted into a rat cage.(before I added bedding)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...k/IMG_0012.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...IMG_0011-1.jpg

1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

they are cute but i heard you shouldn't pick them up by thier tail or the skin on the tail will slip off
very messy

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 11:11 PM
RAT ADDICT

CongRATS on the new additions.

Nice pics.Very cute rodents you got there! As for the black/white mouse,I am pretty sure she is just a mismarked.The little black one looks like she might be a black tan.It is hard to tell tho.What color is her tummy?

And Mebri123,you can safely handle mice by the base of the tail.I rarely do this,but you can safely pick them up by the base only and transfer them to your hand.The tip is a no-no tho.
Rats should never be handled by the tail tho,as they cannot support their body weight and the skin of their tail can come off.This is called degloving.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
CongRATS on the new additions.

Nice pics.Very cute rodents you got there! As for the black/white mouse,I am pretty sure she is just a mismarked.The little black one looks like she might be a black tan.It is hard to tell tho.What color is her tummy?

And Mebri123,you can safely handle mice by the base of the tail.I rarely do this,but you can safely pick them up by the base only and transfer them to your hand.The tip is a no-no tho.
Rats should never be handled by the tail tho,as they cannot support their body weight and the skin of their tail can come off.This is called degloving.
Yeah rats that have degloved can get their tails infected if not taken care of. the mousey is very new and jumpy she wasn't held much and very hard to handle . Yeah the one girl is a tan but the other has light brown spots on her bum front bottom half and some on the side of her. The rest is black and white. One white spot sorta looks a teeny tiny bit "varigated-like"-dont know how to spell it. she has 3 colors.

1 Cat- Luna

Last edited by Mousey; 05-15-2007 at 12:50 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:31 AM
RAT ADDICT

I dunno then.I would say calico mismarked,but as far as I know,calico or tri-color have more of tan color on them.I am not sure how to explain it.

Padfoot is really good with mouse genes and color variations.You should PM her.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

ok thanks.

1 Cat- Luna
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Oily Chickenspew

cute!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Hi!

I recieved your e-mail 8). I can't see very well on the pictures, but by your description I would say that it's a black tan broken marked. They can get white spots in the belly givig a tricolor look, but it's not a true tricolor. A true tricolor mouse would have white, black and tan everywhere in the body.

In this page you can see some pics of tricolor mice
</TITLE> </head> <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" link="#0000EE" vlink="#551A8B"> </body> </html> <html> <head> <title>Guppie51.com - Mice

I can't seem to find a good pic of a spotted tan, but here you can read the description of a spotted tan
AFRMA Fancy Mice - Marked

Dimaris

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

thanks so much for the websites.

1 Cat- Luna
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Very cute pics =D !!
Adorable pets you have ^^

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Will It Ever Change?

very cute! i'm curious, you got them at a chinese food place?????

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
very cute! i'm curious, you got them at a chinese food place?????
Oh sorry no I didn't get them at the restraunt I meant to type pet world.. It's a non mills supporter. All their animals are privately bred..The restraunt is in the same area!

1 Cat- Luna
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Will It Ever Change?

lol ohhhhh ok now i get it lol *whew*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
fancy mice, rat cage, white spots