PHOTOS: Klausse and Wolfgang's Memorial Table - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

PHOTOS: Klausse and Wolfgang's Memorial Table

Hi all,
We finally finished a memorial table for Klausse and Wolfgang, and also for our previous kids, Mick and Keith, our wonderful agouti gerbil brothers that passed away a few years ago. Making the table up and putting their pictures up was very therapeutic. It is a good thing to see every day.

Klausse and Wolfgang's ashes came back to us in these two beautiful cherry wood boxes. We put their plaster footprints on top of each of their respective boxes. Our gerbil babies, Mick and Keith, have their ashes in the two forest green urns next to Klausse and Wolfgang.

This is the memorial table we set up. It is the same spot where Klausse and Wolfgang had their house. We tried to make it a cheerful happy spot with silk flowers, a chinese paper lamp and our little rodent stuffed animals and Charlie Dog, who guards over the babies.

Our newly framed photos of the boys on the wall over the table. Seeing their smiling faces every day in photos always cheers us up.

All four of my babies.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That is so wonderful, Vlad!!!!!! Beautiful. I really hope that my vet will make some plaster footprints like that for my boys someday, too. (I wonder if it is very common? I know I've seen other people here who have had that done as well.) I love those framed pictures on the wall, too. That looks like a really happy spot in the room.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Official Loofah Tester

Vlad you are such a beautiful person. This is gorgeous.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, thank you Breyer and Storyseeker, I am glad you like the new happy corner. You two are so sweet.

To answer your question about the plaster footprints Breyer, well the local emergency hospital that we took both our boys to has a contract with a local animal cremation service. If you want a private cremation it costs extra and part of the price includes the box or urn that the ashes come back in, but the hospital also has an option, which is free, of having your baby's footprint done in plaster before they cremate the body. So when they asked if we wanted footprints, we said yes. That was how it worked for us. Not sure how it works at other places? We are glad we got it done. I really love seeing their little footprints on the plaster.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

this is truly lovely, i think it's a GREAT idea
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thanks Dustette, I am glad you like it.
I am sure our babies would prefer that we smile and think of happy things about them and not sad things.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Adolescent Pup

How amazing this is! You have embarrassed me terribly with my feeble painted rock and candle for Winston Shiny-Sides.

What a beautiful memorial. They would love it

Mister Winston Shiny-Sides
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, thank you Mossa! I am glad you like it! I think ALL memorials are beautiful in their own special ways. I would love to see photos of your painted rock and candle..that sounds so nice! Do you have photos of this from another post?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Adolescent Pup

Not yet as it's always dark when I get home from work (the memorial is in the garden) I'll take some this weekend and upload.

I love the cherry boxes, what beautiful wood. My step dad is a cabinet maker and makes furniture from cherry sometimes. He said it's one the nicest materials to work with so I'm sure your boys are cosy and snug in there

Mister Winston Shiny-Sides
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Great, I am looking forward to the photos! My dad is a hobbyist woodworker too and cherry wood IS really pretty. It was a suprise when we got the ashes back in those wood boxes. When our gerbils were cremated, we got their ashes back in stoneware green urns, but our rat boys came back in these boxes. They are so pretty.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith