Pics of my Hairless Girls - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Indecision Queen

Exclamation Pics of my Hairless Girls

Here is Ms. Biggles, she is so hard to photograph- other than them being REWs she always runs towards me when I try to take a pic of her! Even if she is eating a treat she drops it and wants to ba all in the middle of it. But finally I got this one of her right before my battery died.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Indecision Queen

Here is Maisy Brown. She is the biggest of the two and doesn't care if you take a hundred pics of her as long as she has a treat.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 10:46 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Those are cute, yet kinda weird. Are they really soft and mushy? Rats with hair have some excess skin but it looks like hairless have a little more. I actually would like to touch one of those, but I would probably be really grossed out at first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Indecision Queen

UUMMM! Well I don't know if I would call the mushy or not, They kinda feel like leather with loose skin. They're heads are fuzzy so that part is pretty soft. They're not true Hairless actually they are 'Naked' rats, which for those of you that don't know what that means it means they were born from one haired and one hairless.

~Angela and the group~
Oscar~ Male Crested Gecko
Burt~ Male Leopard Gecko
Ernie~ Male Leopard Gecko
Candy~ Female Ball Python
Gidget~ Female Leopard Gecko
Paige~ Female Cholcolate Chihuahua
Marley~ Female Harlequin Great Dane
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Checks Out PD 'Cheeky Bits'!

Awwww, they're lovely, really sweet and adorable -- I love them!

Wendy
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 12:13 PM

Are they dumbos also. Its hard to tell from the pictures. They are my absolute favorites, dumbo hairless. I see them at the county fair every year and they are always the friendliest. Of course my husband has enough problems with regular fancy rats that he wont let me have that I think a naked or hairless one would completely freak him out.

Angela - thanks for the info on naked and hairless, I never knew that!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Cute!! I love hairless rats, they're just....hmmm.... unique!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Indecision Queen

Dena- I think they probably are dumbos. If you look down on their heads from the top, they're ears and nose make a triangle, and that's supposed to mean that they are dumbos. But sometimes they perk up their ears so much that it's hard to tell!
They are such characters- we have them trained to come to their names and they also come to 'treat' (big surprise!). It's like having a puppy and a kitten wrapped up in a rat body that's how they act- a puppy cause they run around as long as you let them and they always run into walls and table legs! and Kitten because after they run into the table legs that swap at it with their hands just like a cat. Thay are also chicken to jump off the couch even after they got up there all by themselves.
And if you run around the coffee table Maisy will follow you until you stop, every now and then she gets smart and runs under the table to get your feet!
When they are out for floor play we have to watch our feet because they like to try and chew on toenails btu they like socks much more and they will literally attack your feet and start nibbling! I don't know which is worse

~Angela and the group~
Burt~ Male Leopard Gecko
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Poopsie AppleNose

Noce pics Angela, great lookin hairless ya got there, are they alot easier to care for than reagular rats??

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

angelaT if you let them run around the house how on earth do you get them back?!? I know that rats are smarter than mice but I would not trust my mice. I let them sit on the lounge with me (sshhh don't tell my b/f, he would go off if he knew, not a mouse fan!)but I'm careful that they don't jump off! Thanx for the pics I've never seen a naked rat before!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. I think they look so sweet and adorable! They sound like very smart little critters too!
I laughed at the visual of Maisy chasing you around the table

[center]

[
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Indecision Queen

RSbunny- Well they are trained to come to their name so if I want to know where one of them is I just call em' and they come out of where ever they were. Then when it's time to put them up I say 'wanna treat'and they come runnin so I put them in there cage and give them a treat! Now we also shut all the doors to the bedrooms and bathroom, so they only have run over the living room, kitchen, and hallway.
We haven't had any cord chewing either but they just want to be with us they want to crawl all over you and wrestle with your fingers. But we also got them when they were very young, and we have been very social with them so it's like being a part of their rat family.
Cuda- I wouldn't say they are easier to take care of, I would say there is actually more that goes into their care. For example- they have a higher metabolism to keep their body heat up so they eat more. They also need a warm place to sleep and a fleece cover of some sort, with no drafts. If they get cold and stay cold they will get sick so that is a main concern of mine with us going into winter. They also make pretty bad moms so I would never breed them. They say that you have better chances of a 'naked'rat being a better mom than you do a true hairless but it's still a good idea to have a surrogate ratty mom just in case.
I'm not going to breed them anyway, I'm afraid they would lose they're puppyness (is that even a word? you know what I mean, their innocence).

~Angela and the group~
Burt~ Male Leopard Gecko
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 12:02 AM

Hi Angela: I love your hairless rats and they are so cute! I have blue point siamese dumbo rats and my guys name is Smudge because of his nose :-D
I just had some awesome blue dumbos and siamese babies and they are at the adorable age of 3 weeks old on Friday. Nice to meet you all too by the way. i was here before but lost my password silly me.

Carole and her Lil Ratscals
www.lilratscal.com

Tags
fancy rats, hairless rat, hairless rats