Pictures of Cheddar - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Pictures of Cheddar

Hello... Here are pictures of my mouse, Cheddar. I had 2 more, Mozzarella and Feta... but they died. I was looking to get Cheddar a companion, but they only had males and the pet store... Here is Cheddar:

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

omg soooooo cute!!!!! My mice at the moment at absolute little b*tches!! They hate me!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 04:30 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

aaaaaaaaaaaaw! i want a mouse!! how adorable! i just think her face is too cute. i love it when she's peeking out of the little wooden cube!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Well... Cheddar doesn't hate me anymore.. but she doesn't like me either. She was a "feeder" mouse. When I got her she used to run, hide and shake whenever I got near her cage. She's used to me now and I can even put my hand inside the cage without her paniking... (that's how I got to take some of the pictures.. camera inside the cage!) But, if my hand goes anywhere near her, she's hiding again... but now she doesn't shake.. she peeks to see if I'm gone.. and go out again! LOL

What I most love about mice are their ears!!! So big in the little heads!!! LOL I want next mouse I get to be either very young or very tame, so I can pick her up and play with her.. mice are so adorable, but I haven't been able to play with any of mine, since they were never tame. 8(

Dimaris

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Very cute! She is such a pretty color too. I'm so glad you got to save her from becoming a feeder mouse!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She is very beautiful!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Doomed to be Titleless Forever

Look at those ears! Very cute!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 06:16 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

Wow! I have platys, betas, danios, and louches, too! (to lixx)

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Playful Pup

how big do they get, not including the tails? like, how long, and how fat(sorry to use such a rude word)?

"Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening." ~Pardo
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 06:10 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Padfoot your little mice are sooo cute!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamterDudette
how big do they get, not including the tails? like, how long, and how fat(sorry to use such a rude word)?
Depends on the type of mouse you get. There are 2, english and american. The english type was bred for showing and pets, they are bigger (around 3 inches without tails), with a longer body and bigger ears and eyes. The american type was bred to feed snakes and tend to be smaller, rounder in body shape with smaller ears and eyes. They are not different species/breeds. You can inter-breed them, and keep them together in 1 cage with no problems and both come in the same varietion of colors.

Dimaris

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Playful Pup

oh. are there differences in health and temperament? and are english mice generally sold in petstores?

"Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening." ~Pardo
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

As of I know, there are no differece between them except the size and shape. I think that usually english mice are what are usually called "fancy mice" at pet stores. And american type of mice are sold as "feeders". Here, they have them all mixed up so when I bought my mice, they all cam from the "feeder" bin, where there were lots of different colors. I got Cheddar as an adult, and since she had never been held before, she's not tame and doesn't let me handle her, now my other 3 mice; Brie, Ricotta and Muenster, came as babies and I've handled them every day since I got them and they let me handle them, but they are not tame as to say that they jump on my hand to greet me (working on that, though). Mice are the shortest lived of the rodents, but can live 2-3 years if cared for properly (average is 1-2 years).

Dimaris

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 07:47 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I love Cheddar, she is sooo cute! All of your pets are so darn cute!

Tags
fancy mice, pet store, pet stores