Play Time! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Play Time!

So what do you do for your little ones' play time? I let my two boys out and run around the room and hide yogies around That is our cuddle time where they get lots of kissies and treats.
I was curious as to what other people did, do you take them out and let them run around? Do you just play with them? Play pen? Just curious.

Thanks!
-Taban

P.S. Man this feels so good to FINALLY be posting about MY rats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:31 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

well since i have mice i just hold them and cuddle them some of them just like sitting on my shoudler to make sure they don't get bored in there cages i buy them loads of toys and keep swapping them around everytime i clean them out. I wouls buy on of those play pens but im scared that they'll escape.

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i have a box mansion on top of my rat cage that they can climb their cage and get to when they are out. they didnt like it on the ground but when they had to work to play in it its great, i also let them climb around in a blanket you just gotta remember where they are so as not to squish them. they also like to be thrown into a blanket or pillow, you pick them up and toss them maybe 3 inches over and 3 or 4 down into a soft cooshy landing. they like climbing around in my laundry and playing with wood clothespins.

and one of my rats gets to be out when i clean and can run all over the house. (shes the only one that comes when called and normally doesnt get into too much trouble to keep track of)

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

Talking

It depends on which rats you are talking about. Sox & Chops are bitey and fairly destructive. So they get the kitchen table with boxes and stuff. They stay in our office room. So sometimes we let them run around the office floor while we were in the room. Oreo and her sis, Inky (RIP), are/were able to mostly free roam. Oreo is slowing down now and mostly hangs on the living room couch. My boys are too young for the free roaming thing. They must earn the trust. We play with them in the upstairs hall in the early evening. We close the doors and block one set of stairs with plywood (the other stairs we just watch over them). They run all over the place. They pounce on each other and us. They usually get some individual holding time off/on during the day. They pretty much are spoiled to pieces.

Redsweettart

boys: cadoo, cosmo, jinx, moe, ziggy
girlies: sox, chops

gone: Inky--2/7/07 Oreo 4/1/07
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 01:33 AM
RAT ADDICT

Mt rats get to come out.I have a large table that I set up as a playground,add boxes and tubes and all kinds of things and they have fun with that!

I also let them run around my bed and make "blanket caves" for them.Then I find them and everytime I find them I give them a kiss!

They also love bum tickles and hand wrestling and also as Kendalle mentioned the "rat toss"...however I find not all rats like that! Then there is pea fishing.There are all kinds of games and activities you can try out.

I also sometimes just like to take them out and sit in a chair,they snuggle with me then!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i guess i havent tried it before they 100% trusted me. i havent done it with the new rats, although i havent held the one for a few weeks... (holding i desided didnt help her un scaredycat rat... just letting her do what she wants seams to work better)

Rat Toy Ideas

[/CENTER]

Tags
rat cage