Precious Jan 2007 to March 20th, 2009 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Precious Jan 2007 to March 20th, 2009

A little girl who was supposed to be just a foster until I could find her and her cagemate Summer a home. Their original owner was disabled and was unable to care for the girls anymore. She handed them off to a nephew’s friend secure in the knowledge that “they had rats”. I was buying a cage off of her and she begged me to take her 2 little ladies until we could find a home, since the other people wanted to give them back to her.

Sucker stamp me. I said yes. The cage came, not the cage I was expecting at all…sigh, and 2 blue girls in a bare dirty cage with some aspen on the bottom, and newspaper and a bowl of seed mix and a water bottle.
I thought they are blue and everyone loves the blue ladies, then I saw the smaller Russian blue girl was puffed up, hunched over, feeble and disoriented. I saw how she had her forepaws stuck stiffly in front of her and was obviously unable to navigate the steep ramp of their hamster cage.  I knew with a sinking heart that little Precious had PT and that she would be staying.
Luckily she responded beautifully to the steroid therapy and was a very happy girl. She met the Mini-Horde and everyone loved her. Her “bonded” friend Summer and she parted ways and both made new friends instead of having friends of necessity. LOL.
Presh bonded to Aki, Tucker and Bronwen most of all. She did like Linny but she was a bit more of Summer’s bud than Preshy’s.

She loved her meds and was very agile, and loved to run and climb like Calla did before her

After Tucker, then Bronny and finally Aki left, little Precious started to slow down, like she had given up a little. Last night I knew she was close, but she still didn’t want to be head or cuddled except for briefly, she was an independent girl so I put her back in the hammock with Linny. This morning I found her already gone.

Such a sweet, bright, indomitable spirit little Precious had. I am sure she is thrilled to be back with her trio of loved friends.
Just home, Jan. 25, 2009

First veggie oatmeal, heartily approved

With her beloved Bronny

Silly girl, doesn’t she know she’s a sick old lady and shouldn’t climb like that?

Mmmmm…meds

Happiest with her friends.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:59 AM

im so sorry for the loss it seems you've had way too many here lately for one person know that we're all here for you!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

What a doll! I love the nose pic at the end. Big hugs to you, I'm sorry for all your recent losses.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfftitskat View Post
im so sorry for the loss it seems you've had way too many here lately for one person know that we're all here for you!
It sucks, but I have lost umm...5 rats in the last 2 weeks...Tucker, Bronny and Aki lived all or most of their life with me, Max came 4 days prior and Precious was a little less than 2 months ago. I take in the old, the sick, the neglected...I have the losses that go with it. I love each and every one...Max hurt a lot, and I am still having bad moments about Bronwen. I don't think I posted her memorial here?

I should...she was The Rat for me out of the many I have known.

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww i'm sorry for your losses........RIP Precious xx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I am allergic to maths

RIP precious, :-(
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Part of the Pack

Did Aki pass? You hadn't posted anything about it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Wow, you've really had a rough time lately. But you have a HUGE heart to take in the ones that nobody else would. Seems no one wants old or sick animals, even though they need love just as much if not more. They are all so very lucky to have found your loving arms. I am soooo sorry for your losses. *hugs*

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by geegeorge View Post
Did Aki pass? You hadn't posted anything about it.
Aki passed on Saturday night and I picked up the boys on Saturday morning, and Max arrived (with his sweet issues) on Sunday morning. I just never had time...but I posted her memorial now...better late than never

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 05:56 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...Precious sure looked precious!
I am sorry for all of your recent losses!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Will It Ever Change?

awww RIP precious! what a sweet little thing.

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:44 PM

what a sweet girl. i'm sorry for your loss. she looks like, as my grandpa would say, a "tough old bird" - meant most affectionately of course. it was wonderful of you to take her in.
-sam