pregnant mice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

pregnant mice

So, I bought 2 new mice. Their names are Angie and Cookie. Angie was pregnant and had 9 babies about 8 days ago. Yesterday I noticed Cookie nursing the babies. Today I decided to examine her a bit and noticed hat she is pregnant too. My question is: Is it okay for her to be nursing while she is pregnant. Should I put her in a different tank before she has her own babies? By the way the babies are adoreable!!! All different colors. I'll try to get some pics up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 PM
RAT ADDICT

She should be fine.
Female mice often help eachother care for litters.

Make sure the males/females are seperated by 4-5 weeks or your going to have a bunch more babies.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 01:16 AM

Oh, how exciting! I love baby mice! Like Vanilla Rat said, they should be fine. I was in a similar situation with my two litters. One mother had had her babies at the store but I was using her as a foster mother for part of a litter, and a couple days later a mouse I'd bought at the same time as the foster mom had babies too. They shared the work but for the most part mainly took care of their own babies. I had no problems with them at all, even though the foster babies of the first mother were a week and a half older than the second set of babies. (The little ones would cuddle with the bigger ones, it was so cute).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Baby mouse pics!!

The babies are all doing well!! Angies babies are 19 days old now and Cookie's babies are 5 days old. I've got some pics!! Cookie is the black and white mommy mouse. I don't have any pics of Angie but she is a blonde color. Enjoy!!

Last edited by mittenthemouse; 02-10-2009 at 05:37 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Here's more!

I'll keep you all updated on their progress. So far so good. The older babies are all starting to eat on their own. The mommies are both doing such a good job with them.

Last edited by mittenthemouse; 02-10-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Tags
babies, pregnant