Pregnant or not? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Pregnant or not?

I've never had a pregnant rat before but I think mine might be now. I noticed her belly seemed bigger than usual last week (and she had been with a boy for about an hour or so every night for a week the week before) but I thought I might've been imagining things. Her belly seems the same size, but she's made a "nest". I can't feel any babies though and I can't tell for sure if it's getting bigger or not. Is it normal for a female rat to just have a little belly like that? Compared to my boys, her belly looks different. Can she be pregnant without feeling the babies at all?

It's really stressing me out, waiting to see if she's pregnant or not. I don't know what to expect or when to expect it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 09:59 PM

Well probably about 21-24 days from one of those days, you will know for sure when you see little pink eepers squirming under her. See if her nipples are starting to show at all. You might take her to the vet.

Did you want her to get pregnant? If no -- you shouldn't have put her with the fella. If yes -- congRATulations.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosies_Mom
Well probably about 21-24 days from one of those days, you will know for sure when you see little pink eepers squirming under her. See if her nipples are starting to show at all. You might take her to the vet.

Did you want her to get pregnant? If no -- you shouldn't have put her with the fella. If yes -- congRATulations.
We don't really have a lot of money to take her unless there is something wrong. They'd probably charge us $30 just to look at her to see if she is or not and if I wait I'll know for sure myself. LOL I did want her to be pregnant and I would really love it if she were, it's killing me having to wait!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

if she has them then congradulations! i have a pregnant mouse and she is 9 days along.... im hoping the pinkys will be born on the third.......... but its most likely gonna be on the fourth or the fifth................ do you have maybe an estimate to which day she was bred? i made sure i knew what day so i could compare it to a calendar and estimate the day she was going to hav them........... ur female was probably bred the first time her and the male were together......... so just find out the day of the month and count up to 21 days and youll hav an estimate so you wont be wondering when she is to have them......... good luck with your rat! wouldnt it b cool if my mouse and your rat had their babies on the same day?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Here is a new photo of Juliet, does she look pregnant to anyone with experience in breeding?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 07:06 PM

Looks like the little paunch that Rosie and Boo have.

I vote for not.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Adolescent Pup

I try not to do this I really do but it really is imposssible for me to keep my mouth shut in certain situations, ok if you don't even have the money to take her to the vet WHY did you get her pregnant???? I mean you had to knoww what happens when you put a boy and a girl together! ok I will stop here or i will be getting another PM from a mod.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarLoveRats
Ok if you don't even have the money to take her to the vet WHY did you get her pregnant????
I must wholeheartedly agree with SLR. Unless you are prepared to go all the way with vet visits and taking care of the little family properly, I don't undestand just getting a rattie PG for the sake of just doing it.

Looking at the tummy, though, I still vote for the food paunch.

Here's hoping and praying for no babies.

Tags
female rat, male rat, vet visit, vet visits