Pretzel says HI! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Pretzel says HI!

Hey everyone! This is my brand new mouse Pretzel! He is the cutest little mouse baby ever! He is very curious and brave..not scared of hands at all!! His brother who doesn't have a name yet will have to go back to the petstore because I can't afford to keep him..he is a little shy and runs and hides whenever I open the cage so I dont have a picture of him..but anyway!
Here is Pretzel!

http://tinypic.com/r/2i1k3s1/6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Newborn Pup

He's so cute! You're lucky to find him.
I might be getting a mouse soon, hopefully my parents will agree. They will, though. hehe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Oh my god, he looks like a pretzel. Dawww.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Haha I'm so happy with him I hope I will be able to train him to like sit in my hand to get a treat and stuff..im sound training him now by making the same sound every time he gets a treat so i hope he catches on! Any ideas for tiny mouse treats that would be good to use when doing this? Thanks!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Newborn Pup

They seem to like yogurt drops, maybe a small amount of sunflower seeds. They're pretty fatty so a small amount should be given.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congrats on your new mouse! And despite having to take back the brother (which I wouldn't normally recommend), in this case it is probably for the best, because keeping two male mice together could be a fatal combination. With male mice, you should only keep one per cage because they will almost always end up fighting each other, and in many cases until one dies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yeah i felt really bad about just taking back the brother to the petstore..i did try to find a home for him for about a week before i brought him back but no-one wanted him Pretzel is doing great..he does smell but its not unpleasant he is super curious and whenever i open up his cage, he crawls up the mesh and walks right into my hands..he is a fearless little man!

Tags
mice