Psycho rat. (explaines it all) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Psycho rat. (explaines it all)

I have the most hyper rat EVER, her name is rattles, she enjoys running in the wheel all night long and chasing the scaredy cat rat around the cage. sometimes she doesnt let her down to the lower levels for a few mins.. and makes her squeek every night.

She is the youngest of my rats and i dont know how to wear her out to be calmish. She runs around her cage (it is 3 levels, 3'x2'x4') litterly she runs around the sides and upside down off the next levels floor and bites the rats feet that are above her, and they cant run quick enough to get out of her way, she can run faster upside down.

last night i saw her jump from the bottom floor and landed upside down on the floor above her, thats 20inches!! my other rats still havent taken to the wheel but she runs so hard that the wheel comes off its stand!! and sometimes she just sits and bounces.

I dont take her out with the others (she bites if you try and pick her up when she doesnt want to,not that hard but im sure they would be if i didnt let her be) i just let the door be open and they can come out on their own, probably 30mins to 1 hour at a time, but normally she doesnt come out she just runs like mad threw her cage and chases everything

My boyfriend thinks that she is just playing and plays hard which is probably true because she never draws blood or anything she seams pretty happy and the others sleep with her... but shes crazy

i was wondering how can i wear the little girl out? should i get the largest rodent ball for her to run around the house in for hours?

any other ideas? or shouldnt i worry about it?

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Um...what a hyper girly...LOL

It's okay girls are hyper. Balls usually aren't recommended for rats because of the curve the rats have to pull off to run in them. It might be an option because she is so hyper. I wouldn't worry about her. She sounds happy and healthy.

*Missy*
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:35 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yeap she sounds like a typical youngster...she might grow out of it in a couple of months, or just calm down a bit. But, it sounds like you have a playful one. She'll wear herself out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Adolescent Pup

wow haven't had any rats that run-a-mok-y. I'm exhausted just reading your post. Too me she seems more active than most. It sounds like you have a cage big enough to wear her out. Maybe she'll slow down with age. Did you mention her age in the post, I can't remember? My boys at 6wks old weren't that active (they are nearly 11 wks now) and my girls were too old when we got them to know if they were ever that active. Perhaps she is just an active, hyper ratlet as a previous poster mentioned.

Redsweettart

boys: cadoo, cosmo, jinx, moe, ziggy
girlies: sox, chops

gone: Inky--2/7/07 Oreo 4/1/07
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

shes like 3 or 4 months now, i got her when she was 2ish. all my otherones werent as hyper as her, shes like a giant mouse! busy busy girl

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle
shes like 3 or 4 months now, i got her when she was 2ish. all my otherones werent as hyper as her, shes like a giant mouse! busy busy girl
I have busy busy girlies too but mine are 6 and 7 months old

One of them loves her wheel so much that while everyone is running and climbing around the room she is climbing her 4 foot cage to go run in her wheel again.

I also have a group that ranges from 7-15 months and they are almost as insane...I call that group of 13 The Horde.

Your girl needs to be handled more by you. You need to get her out into a small enclosed area (rat proofed bathroom), you sit on the floor and let her run around and explore you. She sounds like she is at that silly stage where they can get nippy. She nips, you "eep" and tell her that is not acceptable in rat language.

Btw enjoy the crazy babies because soon enough you will be looking at your girls saying "wow, between yesterday and today, my girls became old. )

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

wow
what are you feeding her lol
you know your not supposed to give them your ADD medicine JK
sounds like this is your rat on crack
JK not really
Im tired just reading about it
come to think of it maybe your rat does need ADD meds lol

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i have her out quite a bit, along with the others, i think her goal is to make our other rat eep as loud as she can... maybe she does need add hehe

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

lol crazy animal