Quark and Honi – Dec 2008 & Mar. 2009 to Oct. 19/10 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quark and Honi – Dec 2008 & Mar. 2009 to Oct. 19/10

Quark is a London, Ontario Cheese. She and her 3 sisters (Havarti, Gruyere and Feta) arrived January 1, 2009 as wee wickle babies. They were from a situation where the rats kept breeding and the rats were being kept in 5 and 10 gallon tanks.

Baby Quark, originally baby squiggle from the sharpie marking on her tail LOL

Quark my spooky baby escaped into the rat room and couldn’t be caught for awhile. She decided she loved some old boy I had and would cuddle into the pan beside his cage. She was NOT pleased to be put back into her meshed FN and her escape route blocked.

Sadly my Quark remained a very anti-social timid girl who would prefer I not touch her. It made me sad but after her body language repeatedly told me she was just happier with other rats than me, I let it be. All the Cheeses except Havarti were pretty much handsoff, but they were happy little things.

Little Quark got hit hard by the virus and her decline began. She had a perpetual URI after this.

Honi with her one-eye was destined to be snake food as they felt they couldn’t save her. The foster didn’t want that and got her and her sister Hera to me and the rest of the babies went to another rescue.

Hera and Honi
\
Happy with the new little group I nicknamed the Cheeses and the Smeezes, where she joined Havarti and Quark.

Sadly poor Honi developed an abdominal tumor that I watched grow for months and months. I finally decided I couldn’t wait any longer just in case it burst or something horrible happened. I let her go with her timid friend Quark.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

They were beautiful girls, lilspaz. I'm sorry to see them go. Rest in peace, Quark and Honi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am so sorry Lilspaz, they were beautiful girls.
Marc and I are Star Trek Deep Space Nine fans so of course I loved seeing the name Quark. They were so lucky to have you. Rest and be happy lil girls.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Adolescent Pup

RIP beautiful girls xx

So sorry Lilspaz what a full and happy life they led with you! My thoughts are with you

Mister Winston Shiny-Sides