Question!!!??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Question Question!!!???

Ok I have 2 questions...

A friend of mine has a male rat and hes SO much bigger than mine. Will my female ratties get that big... I want them too...

And my second question is my friend buys this rat food from a discount pet center and its only $1.35 for a POUND and I was thinking about getting it because the food I'm giving them now they really don't like it all too much but I had them try it and they ate it all up. Do you thinks its ok to buy food that cheap?

Thanks for you help! Have an awesome day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Muffin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dutchess

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Part of the Pack

Your females wont get as big as your friends male. Mine are full grown and about half the size of a full grown male. Im sure the food is ok.

My zoo:
The rats: London, Remmy, Butterfly, and Arabella
The guinea pigs: Victor, Augustus, and baby Milo
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

thanks

Muffin

Dutchess

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Maybe you could find out the ingredients in the food and post them? The problem is with some bulk foods they are full of fillers and things. But you never know .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 01:27 AM
RAT ADDICT

What are the ingrediants? I don't know if I would trust it.If dried corn is a main ingrediant,thats not good.It is a filler and contains bacteria.

And male rats get much bigger then females.Some females can get pretty big,but it is not common.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

The size can depend on genetics. I have had only male rats. My scofield (that just passed) weighed over 2 pounds at his biggest. The other rats didn't get nearly that big but I think the one baby will.

Also Like everyone else said you should know the ingredients to the food. Is it lab blocks? They usually go that cheap. If they do't have an ingredient list, ask what the brand is then look it up.

Also www.kimsark.org sells food for pretty cheap. Also you can check places like tractor supply...they sell mazuri and sometimes harlan tekland.

I found 25 pound bags of mazuri for $10 when petsmart was selling 5 pound bags for $5. Look in your phone book and try to find feed stores.

*Missy*
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Kim's Ark Rat Rescue - Home ^^^

Females are smaller than males.Like half the size or pretty close to it.
Need to know the ingredients to know if it's good or not

[Edit] the exact link: Kim's Ark Rat Rescue - The Ark Store

Last edited by candyraver; 05-11-2007 at 04:42 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...294966686&Ne=2

this isn't where I got it buts its identical!

Muffin

Dutchess

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 08:39 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hmmm...I know of that brand,but am not sure if it is any good,as we don't have it in stores here.However I see corn is an ingrediant.Do you know if it is a main ingrediant?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
dried corn, female rat, lab block, lab blocks, male rat, male rats, rat food