questions about rats? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 12:20 PM
RAT ADDICT

Nipping and biting are different things.

Biting is usually hard and sometimes draws blood.Rats bite when scared,in pain or when feeling threatened.However they RARELY bite.

Nipping is done in play sometimes,to taste test and also sometimes in fear.It usually do not hurt.If you feed your rats through the bars,then you might get nipped sometimes if you stick fingers through the bars,because they will expect food.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 01:20 PM

I would definetly recomend keeping 2 rats together because rats are very social animals. I personally prefer females, but it depends on you. If you like a rat that will sit on your lap and watch a movie with you, you would probably prefer a male. On the other hand, if you want a rat that will play with you all the time and is always exploring, you probably prefer a female. Rats almost never bite, if you handle them gently. If you treat them gently, they will always love their owners and be completely loyal. If you decide to keep 2 males together, I hear that they can become territorial.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 03:02 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat freak View Post
If you decide to keep 2 males together, I hear that they can become territorial.
They can be territorial sometimes,but in most cases they bond and get along wonderfully.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
They can be territorial sometimes,but in most cases they bond and get along wonderfully.
Yeah, you'll usually only run into problems if you're trying to introduce new rats to each other once they are adults. I dunno about females, but it can be a little difficult with males. Just get two from the same place that already know each other and you'll be fine.

Maureen

Six new rats

Tags
female rat, female rats, guinea pig, hamster cage, litter pan, litter train, litter trained, litter training, male rat, male rats, males together, sit still, social animals