R.I.P. Cinnamon 11/28/10 - 12/29/10 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

R.I.P. Cinnamon 11/28/10 - 12/29/10

I was cleaning the mouse cage yesterday and found poor cinnamon in a corner. It broke my heart so bad but I knew it was gonna happen, I know I did the right thing in rescuing her. I know that I tried my hardest to make sure she had the best life possible for the few days that I did have her. She will be very missed. My husband and I are very sad to have lost such a sweet girl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzysangel View Post
I was cleaning the mouse cage yesterday and found poor cinnamon in a corner. It broke my heart so bad but I knew it was gonna happen, I know I did the right thing in rescuing her. I know that I tried my hardest to make sure she had the best life possible for the few days that I did have her. She will be very missed. My husband and I are very sad to have lost such a sweet girl.
I am so very sorry, I was hoping she would have a few more days with you. Hydro is a terrible thing and ripped her from you. ((hugs))

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ozzy, I just read your post. I am SO sorry. Yes, we all knew she might not have too long, but like Lilspaz said, I am glad she had a few days of love and a nice home with other mice, even though she went far too fast. I am very sad.

I am so glad you adopted her, even if it did not last long, because the last thing she knew was a warm cozy home and love and the company of Possum. Lilspaz was eloquent as always when she said, "Fly free little one" and I know Cinnamon is in a fun and happy place right now with lots of other mice friends. Lilspaz could be right...she may come back again to you in a new healthy body and stick around longer next time. My condolences to you. I am so sorry. My love to Cinnamon, the sweet girl.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thank you both so much. It has been a rough month. We have had 3 mousie deaths since christmas and its been so hard. But I guess thats all part of running a rescue. I am going back to the petstore and seeing if the owner will let me rescue her other special needs sibling (born with 3 legs)

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Thank you both so much. It has been a rough month. We have had 3 mousie deaths since christmas and its been so hard. But I guess thats all part of running a rescue. I am going back to the petstore and seeing if the owner will let me rescue her other special needs sibling (born with 3 legs)
Fingers crossed!!!! She may have had her leg groomed off by an overzealous momma, happens with rats as well.

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Went back to the store and talked to the owner for about an hour and she consented for me to rescue not just one but all the babies and momma!!! I was so happy I hugged the lady, lol. I know Cinnamon would have been so happy to see her sisters and mom.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Awww that's lovely!!!

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I am really happy that it turned out this way

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Wow, that is fantastic! I did get a little sad too, because you are right, Cinnamon would have loved seeing her siblings.
But, I know she sees them all anyway and that she is happy. I am so glad for you that you got to get the whole litter and Mama! Can't wait to see pictures.
Way to go!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Well here is an update on the litter of mice and mama, it seems that nearly everyone of the babies has something wrong with them....The 2 smallest girls both have seizures . 1 has 3 legs, 1 other one also has water on the brain, 1 is completely blind and deaf and the last one has severely crooked teeth so she must go to the vet to get them trimmed.

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Well here is an update on the litter of mice and mama, it seems that nearly everyone of the babies has something wrong with them....The 2 smallest girls both have seizures . 1 has 3 legs, 1 other one also has water on the brain, 1 is completely blind and deaf and the last one has severely crooked teeth so she must go to the vet to get them trimmed.
I am so very sorry. It sounds like you have a lot of Cinnamon's in your care. Are you up to the sadness that is about to come? You will likely lose the seizure girls and the other hydro baby, but the others may survive. The baby with malloclusion, she will need trims all her life since she was born that way...poor wee love

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Poor babies.
I am so very glad, though, that you took them all and you can at least give them some love and comfort for as long as they are around. Give them all my love.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

We lost 2 of the sisters this evening the hydro baby and 1 seizure baby. They will be terribly missed but I know they are keeping cinnamon company now. I think we may loose the other seizure girl soon, she is very withdrawn tonight away from the others

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am so sorry Ozzy.
I guess we all knew these girls might not last a long time, but of course it is still sad and I am sorry they have passed away. I am sure it DOES help to know they are keeping Cinnamon company. That is a nice thought to keep in mind. You are wonderful for taking all these girls into your care. I hope some of them get to stay awhile with you.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Me too, but all I can do is give them all my love and hope for the best. My little seizure girl came back around this morning and was eating finally. The other remaining babies and mama are doing good though especially the 3 legged one. But on a not so good note, mama appears to be pregnant again