R.I.P Robin - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

R.I.P Robin

Hey gang.. i just got back to the forms a week or so ago and sadly we lost our 3rd babie. Robin got sick and the vet said his heart sounded funny. He fought some breating issues his adult life. It was one of the hardest decisions i ever had to make. it was saturday and if he got worse over night and sunday i dint know where in east tennessee to bring him. So with the long history of breathing issues and the vet saying his hart sounding weird we decided to let him go. I didnt want him to suffer. but i miss him so much. And his brother misses him so much. So we have to give wiskers lots of extra love so he dosent get lonley. All you rat lovers just stop for a moment and remember everyons lost loves... story's.. vlad's..lil'spaz's.. and everyone else who I cant think of right now. mine are.. Robin, Kitty and Greyson. Love & miss you all. BTW.. what do you guys do with your baies? we want to have them creamated.. anyone do that?

All our love...

Jimmie, Tonya, the twins Robin & Whiskers, the girls Nadia & Greyson, and our first Hector the Rat!

Thanks to Zoe, Leo & Jr for stealing our hearts and opening our love for little furry friends.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Sorry for your lost

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh I am so sorry James. Robin was a handsome gent and I know you and all his playmates are missing him terribly, especially his special buddy ratty.

Yes, we ALL know how hard it is to lose one of our furry babies, and it just tears us to pieces, every time. Just know that people here totally understand all you are going through.

Yes, we had our last two boys, Klausse and Wolfgang, cremated and we kept their ashes. It was done through a local 24 hour emergency animal hospital that works with an animal cremation service. It is a bit extra to have a private cremation, where you get your babies' ashes back in a nice little box or urn, or less money for a regular cremation where I assume they just cremate them and away go the ashes somewhere.

But the point for my husband and me was to have them back with US, at home. And it is very comforting to have them here, even if we know it is just their physical "shells" and their spirits are flying high above us. It was worth every cent to us.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Adolescent Pup

Hi james. I know I haven't been on this thread long and I don't have any rats as pets, but I wanted to offer my condolences in the loss of your little Robin.
No matter what kind of pets we own the loss and pain we feel is always just as great.
I know how difficult a choice it is to let a pet go. We had to do this with our first cat who was with us for 16 years. It was an agonizing decision, but we had to put our animals' feelings before ours, which is what you did. I admire you for that.
Hopefully your other little ones will provide you comfort in this difficult time.
Take care.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!

Tags
rat