2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Carissa 
#1 ·

The top.

The hole with the ramp.

The top half.

The bottom half.

See less See more
#6 ·
have they ever, not trying to be eh..can't think of the word...negative? but have they ever kamakazi'ed off the top? aka jumped to try and escape to the floor?? or crawl all the way down the bars to the floor?

#7 ·
actually no. They're non spontaneous ratties I guess. Even when we just had the little cage with the first two we would keep the door open all the time. Now with the big cage, they just look over the edge, then play with the blinds a little bit then go into the house on top. Now Seva did fall from the little drawer thing (the one that says RATS with the red line through it) to the floor and I looked and he just crawled up the side of the cage and went inside. That was the only kamikaze event. TRUST me, this is so new, I've been watching them....they don't seem to want to get out. Actually I close the main cage when we leave and when we're sleeping, but theres always the hole to get to the top..they hardly ever run to get out anymore...I guess they think they can do it all the time.

#8 ·
pinkie1205 said:
actually no. They're non spontaneous ratties I guess. Even when we just had the little cage with the first two we would keep the door open all the time. Now with the big cage, they just look over the edge, then play with the blinds a little bit then go into the house on top. Now Seva did fall from the little drawer thing (the one that says RATS with the red line through it) to the floor and I looked and he just crawled up the side of the cage and went inside. That was the only kamikaze event. TRUST me, this is so new, I've been watching them....they don't seem to want to get out. Actually I close the main cage when we leave and when we're sleeping, but theres always the hole to get to the top..they hardly ever run to get out anymore...I guess they think they can do it all the time.
ohhh...that's good. when i had a rat she would do everything to get out and she'd crawl UPSIDE DOWN on the roof of her cage trying to see if she could get out then if you opened the door she'd crawl right out, down the bars and to the floor!!! :crylaugh:

#9 ·
That looks really cool. I have the same cage you used for the bottom. I really like how you used the ramp. I hadn't thought of that. They really can't be used any other way so I used one of my spare tubes instead, but I might have to try that now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.