Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

rat cage ideas

Tags
rat cage
3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Kendalle 
#1 ·
i am looking to re make my rats cage, they have a tank and topper right now (i have 2) and they seam bored with it and i feel bad that i cant spend as much time with them as i used to and they need a bigger home

Any ideas for a cheap built home and pictures?

#3 ·
and you could use coroplast for the bottom...the ideas are endless, def show some pics when you finish

#6 ·
nic cages are pretty simple to build, all you have to then do is make sure to secure your pieces and make them sturdy, and the coroplast bottom allows you to have and size and depth of a pan you want, its an awesome deal for lots of room with not so much pinch on the wallet

#13 ·
i was excited about being able to keep adding on alot for my rats and if i ever deside to get some other kind of animal it can be kept in there too but it seams like id be spending 60ish on a cube cage too... not that that is a ton just i expected a little cheaper.

#15 ·
Ahhh cage ideas. Here I am lol. The big cage is 4' x 3.5' x 2'......i made it out of wood I found lying around here, but to go to a place like Home Depot would be just as easy, the supplies are cheap-O. The smaller wire-shelfy cage is about 3' x 2' x 2'. I found the rack at the end of someones driveway for pickup (it was with other broken things) but still it seems to not be broken.

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f75/my-homemade-degu-critter-cage-38142.html
this is the link to the big cage pics

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f16/mookies-cage-38773.html
this is the thread of the rat cage i made for mookie, the only thing missing is the caging which is 10$ for me to get a huge roll. (huge huge roll)

#16 ·
i think im going to try and get my dad to make me one, im planning on getting one that fits in a sterlite container (one that slides under your bed size) for the bottom, for their bedding and such, then on top (my guess it will be about 18"x30") with sides 18x30 and front and back 30x30 and have 2 layers of that so all together it will be 18x60 and 30x60 with levels and such and hopefully make legs or get a cheapo table for it to sit on and they can have fun ... hm sounds kinda tall.. maybe it will just sit on the ground its going to take a while i think, then ill have pictures

#17 ·
sound like great ideas to me, i cant wait to see some pics when its done! :)

#19 ·
Heh i was looking up how many rats can fit in the cage im planning and its 14 comfortably my 2 are going to be so excited, expecially when they meet their new friend (yet to be bought)

do you think it would be easier to get 2 new ones comared to one and intraduce the 2? or is one easier to intraduce? if i only get one and they dont work out to get along (although i think they will) then id want to get the one a friend anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.