Rat/mouse Xmas Voting Pole - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

View Poll Results: who do you chose for 2010?
Diamonds Apollo and Socrates 1 6.25%
Diamonds Shackespeare, Thor, and Pahroah 1 6.25%
Diamonds Lunna. Pandora and hermonie 1 6.25%
Lilspazs Tosca 1 6.25%
Lilspazes Megan 2 12.50%
Lilspazs Laila 5 31.25%
Lilspazs Sebastian 2 12.50%
Lilspazs Yoda 7 43.75%
Flucks Lilly 6 37.50%
Vinillarats Siobhan 2 12.50%
Vinillarats keela 3 18.75%
vinillarats Sorcha 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Rat/mouse Xmas Voting Pole

Time has come to pick from 12 out of 13. Photos, (one is disqulifiled one of mine becuase I didnt relize that I had used Socrates again in another pic.) Who will be the winner for the 2010 Rodents Christmas Photo Contest? Will it be a mouse or a Rat? Dont forget that you can also vote on them also by PM ing me that you vote for so and sos photo for them to be the most funnest, Cuttest, Most mice together, most rats together, Most decrotive/createive. the pole to vote vote is for 1st 2nd and 3rd place and yes a 4th place. the ones who get the most to least is how it goes for voting 1 2 3 4 then you can PM me whihc one you vote for being the most which ever I will add them up who got the most for what and place them after 12 days of voting who won what. Voting stops same time as contest 12 midnight us/canida time.
you can vote more then once on here as well for which one is you fav to win the 1 2 3 4 spot.
here is a list for optional votes as in cuttes and so on

1. Cuttest
2. Funnest
3. Most decrotive/creative (festive)
4. Most mice in one pic
5 Most rats in one pic
and the 1 2 3 4 is more lest to determine whos the picture perfect Rodent as in pic wise to carry one the new year in Rodent styl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.

Last edited by Diamond01; 01-01-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 04:54 AM
I am allergic to maths

Could you please attach a link to the original thread? Thanks
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Here you go...

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f16/c...est-55298.html

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 06:48 AM
I am allergic to maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilspaz68 View Post
Thanks!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

swekety sweek sweek sweekety sweek sweek over the hills of snow
Frosty the white rats was a jolly happy soal, with 2 eyes of red and pink little nose and with wiskers twitching about.
oh there must have been some magic in that yogert drop they foudn becuase when they feed to him he began to bounch a round.
Dont ask early morening relized i left me camera at my friends waiting till they get up to go get it and my cammera like my coffee is a life suport for me. lol
Diamond

Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Just slightly off topic...I really hate it when people use Xmas, is it really that tough to write CHRISTmas? Seriously? Even someone in my neighborhood, had a sign in their yard, "Keep Christ in Christmas" but wrote Merry Xmas with car chalk on their back windshield!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleDeedle3 View Post
Just slightly off topic...I really hate it when people use Xmas, is it really that tough to write CHRISTmas? Seriously? Even someone in my neighborhood, had a sign in their yard, "Keep Christ in Christmas" but wrote Merry Xmas with car chalk on their back windshield!
I'll contribute to the brief topic hijack if nobody minds.

I'm a bit of a folklorist--hence my profile name--so I can share a little etyology on the origin of using X in Xmas for you to give you a why it's done.

It didn't originate from the English use of X in the current alphabet, but goes back to the first century A.D. to the Greek usage of the letter X. The Greek X was called "Chi" (pronounced with a hard 'k'). And was the first letter of Greek word "Christos". In ancient Christian texts, you'll find X to abbreviate Christos or Jesus Christ.

In fact, it was a kind of code for the newborn Christian movement who were facing hard persecution in the first century, written on cave walls and secret meeting places to designate sacred locations et.al. Basically, it's been used since the birth of Christianity and in the early days you could say contributed to its survival.

So, from that information, using X has nothing to do with taking Christ out of Christmas but very much keeps Christ in Christmas.

The saying "Keeping Christ in Christmas" plays cleverly on the legitemate use of X, but of course refers to the materialization of Christmas that was given a huge push by Mr. Macy and television (which I think we can all agree annoys the piss out of us, no matter what our religious or non-religious background). Darn those TV Adverts!

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 01-01-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: a silly thought
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ohh! Thats pretty cool, thanks StorySeeker. I never would have thought, so Thank You! But...my neighbors still irritate me! LOL

BTW Diamond we're all waiting to see pictures of your newbies. Please post some, we'd all love to see the new cuties!

~W.C. Fields

Last edited by TweedleDeedle3; 01-01-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Fergot sumptin'
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:13 PM
RAT ADDICT

I was gonna say that about Xmas too Storyseeker,but you bet me to it.Anytime someone says they hate when people take the Christ out of Christmas,I explain about the Greek thing.Not many people know it.

I am not religious and do not celebrate Christmas as a religious thing though and honestly it annoys me when people say "keep Christ in Christmas".

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
I was gonna say that about Xmas too Storyseeker,but you bet me to it.Anytime someone says they hate when people take the Christ out of Christmas,I explain about the Greek thing.Not many people know it.

I am not religious and do not celebrate Christmas as a religious thing though and honestly it annoys me when people say "keep Christ in Christmas".

Haha! Geek minds think alike! (Greek?) It never bothered me since that's what it celebrates. Like taking the 'Thanks' out 'Thanksgiving', or the 'Labor' out of 'Labor Day'. It's more the strident tone by the inevetable militant few that's annoying. Though, I had a friend of mine declare she was forgoing Christmas for Modranect.

Oh, hey, before this thread gets too far off course, I had a clarification question: How many of the rattie pictures are we supposed to vote for? A favorite? That's what I ended up doing (I'm partial to singing Yoda).

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I know that here on the forum Diamond used the X because of space constraints, and I really do appreciate the lesson, it just goes to show that you learn something new every day, and most times, when you are least expecting it.

But...uhmm can we vote more than once? There are so many cute pictures to vote from, I had a hard time picking just one?!

~W.C. Fields
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 02:26 AM
I am allergic to maths

It is a multiple choice poll, and she hasnt said anything about no voting for more than one so I assume you can. After you have voted you cannot vote again
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 03:09 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

I have to say that I love all my rats past and present but the pic of lovely old Laila is special to me. She was one of my original half-wild, half domestic crew, and only at the end did she grow to love me and actually let me hold and pat her. She lived in my livingroom and I had special little houses made up for her (cardboard), dishes of water and food nearby, as to where she wanted to live that week. She had CHF and was the survivor of the entire family at 28 months. I miss her even years later...she was a very special lady.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I didnt know that about the X I always wondered were they got it from but know that you wrote that I remember in history class our teacher was teaching us about roman and greek and things that they were simmler with like their gods Apollo in greek and in Romen its Helouse (not shure spelled right) was thougth since it was a sun god to be Apollo him self only called somthing diffrent which is what I names my mouse Apollos son who looked just like him.
Well I took pic of the blues an I got tomb stone my one other blue rat thats older who was dark like the newbies but when he molted he truned into what looked like a poor blue agouti but is now like a silver color really like has the ticking. I hope my new blues stay blue. But I'll post the pics call Blue Picutures. I had to get stone out becuase when I got the other one out he looked at me so sad like what about me. He is housed with Yoda his kids 2 Luke Staying Binks is leaving this spring still with my friend but will see when spring gets here, there 2 uncles, stone and Nova a patched siamese.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

PS you can vote for more then one and keep voting again and again on the same one or diffrent
Dont forget to PM who you wish to have as the most cuttest, funnest, most mice in one pic, most rats in one pic, most Decrotive/ creative. Then at the end of 12 days I will count who got the most votes for what in my PMs and post along with the 1234th palces. This way every one has a chance and every one will win some type of title. But 1st place on the ploe will be 2010 rat or mouse for the year.

Tags
contest voting pole