Rat names - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Rat names

I'm not very good at naming anything. My wife names her pets the first day she gets them.. usually on the way home from the pet store.

In fact to give you an example of how bad I am at naming my animals.. (heh) my current cat is named "Bunny". She is Half-Manx and hops everywhere (except when on her lead, when we go on our daily walk through the neighborhood.) so I named her Bunny.

I was thinking of these two.. but would love suggestions.

1. For the Smally energetic daughter Mahira it's hebrew and means swift/energetic.

2. For the mother Abra (Female varient of Abraham, means mother of all) or Aliza (means joy/Happiness).

Niether feel just quite right. I don't mind fun names either.. like we named her Cat "Walden Pond" (After a famous writer I love) and her Hamster is "Mr. Pugsley" (Not sure.. why but it makes me laugh.) and her Beta Fish is "Puff puff" because it puffs up whenever she looks at it (She's got dark hair I guess he's intimidated lol.)

All suggestions are welcome.

Peace to you,

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm like you sometimes it takes me ages to think of a name for a new pet took me two months with a hamster once and then i ended up calling it what i came up with originally and i once had a rat i called the very original name of Ratty!

I think the names you have chose are really pretty and something a little different but if you don't fancy those you could always chose something like Rosemary and Thyme or Daisy and Maisie!

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 06:11 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

I often go to www.babynames.com when I need a new pet name! hehe

As far as my own personal opinion goes, I like:
Fleta (swift/energetic -English) and
Farah (joy/happiness -Arabic) :party:

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

well i'm always good with names!! my rats names are Benji,Joel,Hope,Hunter,Levi,Persephone and Lilith

My pets:

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 09:34 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Hi, well i have two cool names, one is for a mouse and one for a fish.
1. Hiiri- finnish for mouse
2.Kala-finnish for fish
i have a mouse named hiiri and a fish(that i raised) named kala. sorry if i didnt help much, but now if u get a fish/mouse, u know what u can name it!

Actually, another cool name is aili( pronounced I-ly). i jus luv that name for no reason.

Good Luck!

Tags
pet store