Rat Question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

Rat Question

I have had rats before..but never adopted.

I was wondering if I were to adopt..in witch case I would like to, there are only adult rats up for adoption in my area. Is it ok for me to adopt an adult. If so what are the chaces that it would be nice? Thats the only reason i have never adopted before beucse im afraid there going to be mean. Atleast with babies you have a better chance of them being nice.

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 09:21 PM

If you adopt the person you're adopting from should know the personalites of the rats fairly well. And you can always try to meet/handle the rats before you commit to adopting them.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 10:12 PM
RAT ADDICT

Adoption is really good and no,not all rats are gonna be "mean".Rats are usually dumped on rescues or something,because either people are too busy for them or they don't wanna take care of them anymore...among other reasons.But all the rats I have taken in have mainly been either because the person is too busy for them or don't want to pay money on them.

I agree,ask whoever you adopt from,the temperments of the rats.

I just adopted another couple of rats,they are almost two years old and are big males.They are VERY sweet and friendly tho.The old owner lives in a tiny apartment with a ferret and just couldn't keep them all in the same room together...so they are with me now!

My last rescue on the otherhand...Candy...she had a horrible life and was (and still is) a little nippy.Except she nips for attention now.I am slowly getting her out of that habit.

If you adopt,you won't regret it!You get to give some wonderful rats a second chance and they respect you for that and show affection.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I googles maine rescues and couldn't find any at all...

I got my scofield from petsmart and he is very nice. You should ask about the personality of the rat and many rescues will tell you whether the rat needs work or not.

If you go to a petstore you can handle the rats and a lot and find one that fits you.

*Missy*
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

Yea, I always get mine from a petstore.....But if i did adopt..itd be from the humane socity. But I cant get a rat or two till june..And thats providing I dont get anymore animals between then lol

Carissasaurus Rex

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Does your humane society deal with rats? A lot don't, that's why they go to rescues. Your humane society might know a rescue that's around.

A good thing about rescues is that they know about rats, a lot of humane societies don't.

*Missy*
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

We dont have any rescues around here....the BHS takes in any animals that needs home.....The had 3 rats last time I looked at there website

Carissasaurus Rex

Tags
humane society