Rat Or Rabbit - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

View Poll Results: Should I get a Rabbit or a Rat?
Rabbit (explain and how many? 13 35.14%
Rat(explain)and how many? 24 64.86%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

Rat Or Rabbit

I dont know where this goes haha...But Im thinking about getting another rabbit(mine died) or another rat(also passed away)

I dont know what to choose...I have equitment for both of them...So thats not a problem..Whats your opinion?

The Rabbit/Rabbits, Would have their own room well share with my cats but theyd get to run around in there all the time.

the rats would have that large cage I have made from grids...

If this works there should be a poll, but if not tell me what you think I should get and why....

Also, I cant get anything untill june..so I have plenty of time!

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:25 PM

Well, my personal preference is rats, because I absolutely love them! And I havn't had rabbits since I was about 7. But I really don't think I can help you choose, sorry.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

Its just a mojority thing, to see how many votes i get for each..then im going from there! lol

Carissasaurus Rex

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:35 PM

Why not get 2 of each? I would! (If you have time to devote of course!!)
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

I can only choose one..due to all my pets..so i thought id get two of the same speices

Carissasaurus Rex

post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Mud

i voted rabbits, cause i have never had a rat......
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 PM

rats.
IMO
easier to care for
dont live as long (thats a plus when you are young, could you really commint possible over 10 years for a rabbit?)
i vote for TWO same sex rats.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

I could commit...I commited to a turtle..they like 25 years..along with geckos i have two..and dogs.. lol but anyways lol

Carissasaurus Rex

post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Rabbits. Because they're awesome .

Why aren't degus on the poll? Hehe.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Title Thief Victim

becuase I dont know anything about them..and I choose these lol

Carissasaurus Rex

post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

You should get 2 bunnies cause they are so irresistable. Not that rats aren;t but I never had any.

I agree with sasami, maybe you should go with a pet you never had. Just an idea thought.
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 11:55 PM
RAT ADDICT

RATS!

They are sweet,loving,cute,friendly,fun,clean,affectionate, easy to take care of,bond with their humans...need I say more?

Get at least 2 rats of the same sex.They are VERY social animals and when you are not there,they can play with,groom,hang out with and just be rats with eachother!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 09:51 AM

Hmm well I have had both and the best has been the rabbit.... although, my experience with both these animals sounds different to other people's.

My two rats bit us all the time. My rabbit doesn't. The rats ran away. The rabbit follows me. The rats smelt. The rabbit doesn't. LOL so you get the picture. But my rats were from a horrible petstore and probably didn't have a good life before we had them. From hearing other experiences, they sound like nice pets most of the time.

My rabbit however sounds affection compared to most rabbits. He licks me and follows me and loves to be stroked. The only thing is, he is very sexually frustrated and is forever trying to mount a part of my body (hahaha!). If you get a buck they make better pets neutered, and also Does are grumpy if not spayed. So either way, rabbits are best neutered.

I have voted rat. From my own experience the rabbit has been better, but I have heard much more upsides to keeping rats than to rabbits. Most rabbit owners say there's is vicious! You never know though, you might get an affection bun like me!!

Katrina
xxx
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 11:04 AM
RAT ADDICT

I was actually turned away from rabbits!Too many people have ones with behavioural problems or nip/bite.I don't hear of really,really affectionate ones much.I think they are cute,but I doubt I will ever get one.

Rats make awesome pets and rarely bite.I have never been bitten (cept ONCE) out of all the years I have owned/raised rats.One girl I have now nips for attention,but she had a bad home.However nipping and biting are two different things.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 11:55 AM

i still prefer rats to rabbits by far!
rats dont smell, i only had one rat that bites in 7 years, they followed me and knew there names. it was great!

now dont get me wrong, rabbits ARE they same way.. well mine are.
but i found the rats alot easier to care for. My rats have had more personality then Alex. Ryo on the other hand... i cant imagine what can have more personality than her. Rats were my perfect match because they didnt take up much room either. They were LOTS more affectionate to me than my rabbits. My buns dont kiss me all the time, dry my tears, and sleep with me.

i strongly vote for rats. i wish sooo sooo soo much that i didnt develop an allergie to rats.
rabbits are the next best thing to me.

Tags
cage cleaning, female rat, female rats, litter box, litter pan, litter train, litter trained, local pet store, male rat, male rats, pet store, rabbit cage, social animals