Rat Relations - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Rat Relations

Needing to share a happy here.

So as you guys know, my horde lives in two separate colonies on the two separate stacked levels of my two story Critter Nation. Bridal suite with Black Pete and Custard on top, and the Skittle Girl foursome below.

I like to keep an eye on them to see if we are having any floor to ceiling disputes that can cause injury to dangling appendages. Like cheeky Black Aggie getting a tooth hold on Pete's tail.

So I'm watching them last night, and I notice Black Aggie and Darcy have pulled a spider-pig and are clinging to the roof and upper wall of their cage and working away at ceiling above them. Simultaneously, Pete is directly above their heads working on the floor from the other side. They look like with some effort, they'll dig a hole to each other and finally have a face to face.

Then I realize, wait a minute, they're not chewing on the flooring/ceiling. The girls are trying filch Pete's favorite flannel blanket down through a gap in the bars so they can claim in for their own. Meanwhile, my poor boy is tugging for all he's worth to keep his blanket up top with him.

The girls tug tug tug four inches of blanket down to their side and pause for a rest. Then Pete takes advantage of the slack as they rest to yank it back up on his side. Rinse and repeat for 20 minutes.

I wish I had video.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

aww that sounds sooo cute

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

hahahahah that's funny!!!

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Minecraft Mouse

Hardy Har Har.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Playful Pup

Hehe, ratties are so funny sometimes! (:

This reminds me of when I recently introduced a girl to my existing pair. I slept with the cage next to my bed so I could hear and intervene with any problems, and one rat woke me up trying to drag my blanket in the cage. Lol
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Playful Pup

Ohmygosh. xD

Rats do the funniest things sometimes, I just love them.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Aren't they hysterical. After a while I was laughing so hard they stopped and all three just stared at me through the bars. Of course then I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ha ha! That was so cute! Way to go Pete! Keep that favorite blankie! So he did keep it, right?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Adolescent Pup

That is cute. How are you enjoying the girls to boys now that you have both?

Dogs: Merlin and Shiloh
Chinchillas: Imp and Zephyr
Horse: Westwind Classic Genie
My rat angels: Roo, Zara, Nicodemus and Socrates all playing and waiting at the Rainbow Bridge until we meet again.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

It's about 50/50, for all the reasons everyone says. The girls are so silly, but they don't sit still and the boys are little love bugs, but can't be motivated to get off their hammock. LOL

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

That is hilarious!!! I can just picture it, too. Poor Pete! Good thing he got it back in the end! hahahaha

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)