Rat Wedding - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Rat Wedding

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Storyseeker Southernbelle Esq.
Requests the honor of your non-presence
to the nomtules of

Mz. Custard T. Fattybottom

to

MR.(ManRat) Peter D. Black

Friday, the twenty-first of September
two-thousand twelve
at 4:30 pm CST
Roomy Critter Nation; First Floor
Birmingham, Alabama
Broccoli and Corn on the Cob to follow.

The couple is registered at any place providing shameless attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 09-21-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

aww so cute rofl

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

AWWWWW!!!! Hooray and congrats to the happy couple!!!

Thrilled and elated to see Ms. Custard and Mr. Pete tying the knot!!

I am officially RSVPing that unfortunately I cannot be there in person, but send our regards and congratulations!! Hoping to see some pictures of the blessed event!

Kisses and hugs to the bride and groom!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

It took two months of courtship, but yep, they're sharing a cage.

With the passing of Tucker, that left our big man cage with only three boys.

Poor lonely Custard still won't tolerate any other rat but Black Pete, and she's /still/ a bit prickly with him some times. They get along well enough however, so I decided to go ahead and push the matter by moving them in together in the massive critter nation. That would give them both plenty of personal space while they worked out their final differences of opinion.

I know we were talking about the importance of scent in the other thread. It came into to play today. To create neutral cage territory, we played musical cages. I shifted the Skittle Girls to the Man Cage, moved the Hairless B'rats into Custard's cage, and gave the Newlyweds the Skittle Girl cage.

They look forward to your non-appearance, and appreciate your well wishes with sincerest thanks.

As for pictures, in accordance to the old world rules of proper Honeymoon observance, they're requesting their full month of mead, me time, and merriment. I may be able to sneak in a shot in before too long though.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ah yes, I completely understand. The newlyweds will need some private time before the papparazi start in on them!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

These rat boys just love their feisty difficult women don't they!

Congratulations to everyone on the upcoming nuptials

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Ain't dat the troof.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Hahahahaha, I love this!! And I'm so glad to hear they are getting along better, now! I, too, will be waiting anxiously for some photos of the union.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Guess who I caught sharing a hammock this afternoon during siesta!

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww! Love...in the afternoon.....in a hammock....sigh...so romantic! Well, Custard and Pete ARE on their honeymoon after all, so that sounds about right!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

"Custard and Pete, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ha ha Breyer! So cute!!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

They's a snugglin' pair of ratties for sure. Daw....

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ratties in Love...D'awww! Hoping for some mushy gushy love photos soon!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Pete and Custard are an old married couple now. When she came home not feeling her best after her most recent tumor removal, he took advantage of her lowered defenses and took care of her, never leaving her side. Now they are always snuggled up to each other with her in the comfy warm position on bottom. He adores her.

I remember that when Pete was still a 'teen' while he was reserved with me, he always seemed to love and get along with other rats. As he matured, either he changed, or I grew to understand how finely tuned his temperament really was.

He knew how to navigate ratty politics without fights, but he most definitely had his preference, and that was big brother Jeffrey. When Jeffrey died he was unhinged for a while, beating up the other boys in the cage to the point that I had him neutered just to see if it would calm him down. He calmed down, took his place at the top of the pack, but didn't really bond with anyone else.

So it seems Pete is a manrat of sensitive disposition and deep feeling. He does not share love cheaply. He loved his dearly departed Jeffrey just like he loves Custard. In between, he let everyone else know they were not welcome inside his personal circle of being including me, though Custard seems to be having a good influence on him lately as he actually seems to seek me out a little bit when I come by. A sweet big lug of a guy, but very reserved and even a bit shy for a big boss rat. Custard is much more relaxed and fearless. I think he feels stronger with her around.

When I took some shots of them on top of the cage, I put Custard back in because she kept scaling down the side and causing havok in the room while I was cleaning the inside fo the cage. Now, Pete never comes to me when called usually. But when I finished the cage I went to fish him back from the top of the critter nation--usually a fun game of catch me if you can. So I called his name. He bolted away from me briefly as per usual,but paused and seemed to think about it. Then he ran to me and pancaked for me. He was ready to get back to Custard and while the cage was open, he's just too lazy to figure out how to scale the side and do it himself anymore. I was so proud my boy came to me, even if it was just so he could be carried back to his lady.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 10-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.