Photos! Ratte - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Ratte

So I couldn't be ratless anymore...
It is too weird for me and the house felt empty.
I have my cats and my guinea pigs,which I love to bits...but there is nothing like the love of a rat.Rat owners know what I am talking about!

So meet Armin.He is a siamese dumbo...he is very dark (you cannot tell from the pictures how dark he is,but he is going to be gorgeous when he is bigger and gets his points!).Unfortunatly I could only get him,as his siblings were all female.I really liked the mother too,she was SWEET! But I wanted male rats.

Anyway meet Armin!

These pictures you can kinda tell how dark he is...but not really.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Hello Earthling

He is cute. His ears look to big for his head : P

Congrats!

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 04:08 PM

Congratulations! He is so adorable! His dumbo ears are so cute!
I'm sorry you were ratless. My bestfriend is right now, both of her girls have passed in the month. Since she still lives at home and her mom is allergic, her mom told her that she can't get any more. I feel so bad. I can only imagine how you must have felt, and how she feels.
Good luck raising your new boy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

YAY! It just wasn't right for you not to have rats.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 04:48 PM
is a little "special"

What a cutie!
Haha, I knew you wouldnt be ratless for long!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

YAY!!! such a cutie!!!! dumbo and siamese, love it!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks everyone!! He is cute,eh? I am so happy I have him!!! I want to take him out and love him,but will wait till tommorrow,as he is incredibly stressed right now!

I knew I couldn't last either...hehe.
Alot of people were shocked I was without rats...it just isn't normal for me NOT to have a ratty!

* Lisa *

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Yay! He is so cute! Is he young? He looks a bit small. HE IS GORGEOUS THOUGH! I love his big ears!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

YAY, Lisa!!! I wondered how long it would be before you got more!!! As said above, it just wasn't right, you and no rats!! He is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to watch him grow up!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yay! Congratulations!!! How old is he? He is absolutely adorable!!!!!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:47 PM

Glad you have another little ratty to love! I'm sure that boy will be helping you type on the forums any time now.

He's so adorable, I love his color and his ears. Do you think you'd try to get him fixed and get one of his sisters? Or just get another boy from somewhere else? Just curious!

Armin's a really unique name, also. I like it.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

congRATS on the rat. He is so handsom. I hope that all his points when adult are beautiful. Some of mine from my litters were very dark but faded to only ear and noise points. That is why I am working on the show coat points and that will take a while although some of them not to long they have more better points to work with. Althuogh they were breed in the warmer months which then it hard to tell till colder months their points they lighted when its warmer and darkedn when colder the siamese that is.
Rats as far as I'm concerned make the World go round. I like rats but dumbos have my heart its thouse ears. I love them.
Diamond
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

PS I do hav rats avalibal they are on my sales page website the prices are wrong thugh they are 7 for standared and 10 for dumbo becuase not to many dumbos around here and if there are there food. Plus this helps keep teh feeder wanters away from my portch. I know I woudl not pay that mush for food and I dont want all the time of socilizing and all I put into them for some one to do that. But your welcome to one free for a buddy for your little ratty I have them at 3 and 4 months old and there are a few that are 5 but some of the 3 to 4s are small but I have mostly all males I only have a handful of females. Not all are posted yet I have to get them up there but have not had time to "play on the computer" as i call it when workignon my web. http://theratpack.webs.com go to the sales page or if you know any one that wants a new pet.
Diamond.
Happy ratty owning and computer sharing with him.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

"Althuogh they were breed in the warmer months which then it hard to tell till colder months their points they lighted when its warmer and darkedn when colder the siamese that is."
it is a heat sensitive gene! You probably know this, but it's because of that that only the extremeties take color: the coldest parts are colored! so tip of nose, ears, feet etc...
I just think it's so cute and fascinating
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks everyone!
He is in my bedroom right now,away from the cats (they are not allowed in my bedroom),so he can get used to everything and before I went to sleep I was having a conversation (one sided...but you know!) with him,getting him used to my voice.And I told him "goodnight" before bed.

I am so happy to have a rat again,he's going to be spoiled.Unfortunatly I threw everything away after my last rat passed away (except for my big Martin cage and a couple dishes)...so I am going out later to buy some toys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
Yay! He is so cute! Is he young? He looks a bit small. HE IS GORGEOUS THOUGH! I love his big ears!
Yes,he is a baby.About 6 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breyer08 View Post
Yay! Congratulations!!! How old is he? He is absolutely adorable!!!!!!
6 weeks about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodieylia View Post
Glad you have another little ratty to love! I'm sure that boy will be helping you type on the forums any time now.

He's so adorable, I love his color and his ears. Do you think you'd try to get him fixed and get one of his sisters? Or just get another boy from somewhere else? Just curious!

Armin's a really unique name, also. I like it.
Hahaha...I am sure too! I don't really like the thought of having him fixed,where I never had a rat fixed before.Besides I don't really want female rats now anyway.But I will see if I can find a young boy for him.I wanted to get a pair,but my luck ran out since they only had him.There were adult males there,but they were not very social.

Heh...Armin is a German name and he is actually named after the German cannibal - Armin Meiwes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond01 View Post
congRATS on the rat. He is so handsom. I hope that all his points when adult are beautiful. Some of mine from my litters were very dark but faded to only ear and noise points. That is why I am working on the show coat points and that will take a while although some of them not to long they have more better points to work with. Althuogh they were breed in the warmer months which then it hard to tell till colder months their points they lighted when its warmer and darkedn when colder the siamese that is.
Rats as far as I'm concerned make the World go round. I like rats but dumbos have my heart its thouse ears. I love them.
Diamond
I hope he stays dark.I do know points can fade or be darker with the weather,but his overall coat is pretty dark.I have had several siamese rats in the past and they were all lighter ones.If he does lighten up though,I will love him all the same! I cannot wait till he starts getting his points in...I LOVE siamese rats!

Me too! Dumbos stole my heart ever since I got my FIRST dumbo rat named Blueberry (she was a blue dumbo) back in 2002! She was my first dumbo and I fell in love!

* Lisa *