Ratty Questionare - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Question Ratty Questionare

Ok well i just thought it would be fun for me to make a little questionaire so everyone can fill in facts about there rats
and see how different everyones is so i will write out a sheet all you's have to do is copy the questions and answer them i will answer mine
after i make the sheet so here it is :

How many rats do you have ?
What are there names and sexes ?
Where did you get them ?
How old are they ( if you dont know just leave blank ) ?
What type of cage do you have for them ?
Are they active or lazy ?
What type of personalitys do they have ?
Are any of your rats agressive ?
What food do they like best ?
What food do they hate ?
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else ?
How often do you bathe them ?
How many times a day do you let them out ?
How long are they out for ?
What are the good points of having a rat ?
What are the bad points of having a rat ?
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL ?
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them ?
Best memory you have had with your rats ?
Funniest thing they have ever done ?

So have fun doing this !
I also thought this would be good for people who are new or are thinking of getting rats
x

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Heres mine

How many rats do you have ? 2
What are there names and sexes ? Toto and novo both boys
Where did you get them ? [email protected] Petstore
How old are they ( if you dont know just leave blank ) ? Around 4/5 months i think
What type of cage do you have for them ? Freddy 2
Are they active or lazy ? Lazy during the day very active at night
What type of personalitys do they have ? Toto Is the scaredy baby HA always wants a cuddle. Novo wants to play and he is very brave.
Are any of your rats agressive ? Not at all!
What food do they like best ? Milk Drops or bread
What food do they hate ? BANANAS!!
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else ? They have their own ratty room with lots of toys
How often do you bathe them ? Once every 2 months mines are really clean
How many times a day do you let them out ? About 5-6 times maybe
How long are they out for ? About hr-hr and a half
What are the good points of having a rat ? Fun Friendly and alot of kisses. Most dont bite and they are always happy to see you.
What are the bad points of having a rat ? They need alot of space and their cages can be QUITE dear !
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL ? Lots of my family think they are horrible LOL i love them
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them ? LITTLE RASCALS !!
Best memory you have had with your rats ? When novo came up to me one day and grabbed my hand and groomed my fingers one my one then purred at me was so amazing !
Funniest thing they have ever done ? Toto giving Novo the NINJA KICK HAHA!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

How many rats do you have ? 4
What are there names and sexes ? Pepper, Rayray, Husky and Arthur, they are all bucks.
Where did you get them ? pets at home ( a pet store)
How old are they ( if you dont know just leave blank ) ? Pepper & Rayray are 6 months and Husky & Arthur are 10 weeks, 3 days.
What type of cage do you have for them ? ferplast jenny rat cage.
Are they active or lazy ? a bit of both; hyper when they are out; lazy when they are in the cage lol.
What type of personalitys do they have ? fun, lazy, funny, snuggly the most tho
Are any of your rats agressive ? no, but can nip when over excited, Rayray is a little terratorial, but he seems to be growing out of it.
What food do they like best ? they all like and dislike different things, but they like egg the best I think!
What food do they hate ? well, there is nothing I've found that they wont eat yet! LOL
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else ? in the lounge in their cage, but thinking of moving them upstairs to my room.
How often do you bathe them ? once or twice a month.
How many times a day do you let them out ? 3-4/it depends what day it is really.
How long are they out for? 1-2hrs
What are the good points of having a rat ? they are affectionant, and loyal pets, that are intellagant so I can teach them tricks, also, they love to have a snuggle and won't bite, they are lovely, fastenating creatures!
What are the bad points of having a rat ? can get smelly and constantly have to go and get more food because they eat it all up in a flash!
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL ? yep all my family members love them apart from my nan and my dad does not like holding them, but will occationally because they always greet him when he goes to the cage.
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them ? like dogs and children, but sooo wondeful and love them too much!
Best memory you have had with your rats ? Husky grooming me for the first time
Funniest thing they have ever done ? when I put food above the bars and they couldn't get it through, they were hanging of the floor clinging onto it for dear life trying to get it through LOL... but there are many more that's just the one straight of the top of my head LOL!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10

Last edited by laydeerodentzz; 05-22-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

How many rats do you have ? 2
What are there names and sexes ? Constantine, Dootles- spayed females
Where did you get them ? feeder rats
How old are they ? Constantine-2.3yr, Dootles- 1.3yrs
What type of cage do you have for them ? rat mansion
Are they active or lazy ? little of both-depends on their schedule
What type of personalitys do they have ? rambunctious
Are any of your rats agressive ? none
What food do they like best ? anything they shouldn't have
What food do they hate ? carrots
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else ? we're roommates
How often do you bathe them ? when they stink
How many times a day do you let them out ? they let themselves out
How long are they out for ? ask them
What are the good points of having a rat ? everything-the love the energy
What are the bad points of having a rat ? too nosey- will go thru your purse right in front of you
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL ? they look but dont touch
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them? inseparable companions
Best memory you have had with your rats ? Skrat sleeping over my head at night and sulking on my knee when she hurt herself
Funniest thing they have ever done ? Skrat knocking half my stuff off my counter as she ran and slipped in the process- looking back to see if I noticed

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Adolescent Pup

How many rats do you have ? 15 at the moment..will only have 9 soon
What are there names and sexes ? 6 nameless baby boys,2 baby boys:Max and Edward/Eddie,3 baby girls:Bella,Cocoa and Lacey,2 adult girls:Lainey and Minnie and 2 dwarfs:Anna and Abbie
Where did you get them ? babies were born here and the rest were pet store
How old are they ( if you dont know just leave blank ) ? Babies:almost 6 weeks,Lainey:2....3 in December,Minnie:between 6 months to a year,Anna and Abbie:about 2 months
What type of cage do you have for them ?All wire side cages
Are they active or lazy ? some active some lazy
What type of personalitys do they have ? ranging from very outgoing to somewhat shy
Are any of your rats agressive ? Minnie is a little, she's protective of her babies and Lainey
What food do they like best ? yogies!!!
What food do they hate ? they like everything
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else ? family room and my bedroom
How often do you bathe them ? not very often, we give them a spray bath every couple of months
How many times a day do you let them out ? 1-3 times a day
How long are they out for ? 20 minutes or more
What are the good points of having a rat ? very loving and happy little things
What are the bad points of having a rat ? nothing
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL ? both
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them ? Sweet,caring,loving,loves shoulders and hoods,very intelligent and wonderful family pets
Best memory you have had with your rats ? giving my past ratties their first bath
Funniest thing they have ever done ? jump around like their rabbits

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Part of the Pack

How many rats do you have ? two for now
What are there names and sexes ? Watson and Mycroft, both boys.
Where did you get them ? Amazon Reptile (honestly, their feeder rats are healthier and live longer than any pet store rats around here)
How old are they ( if you dont know just leave blank ) ? less than six months
What type of cage do you have for them ? coast cage
Are they active or lazy ? both. they sleep a lot, but they also like to be monkeys and climb on the cage, and run in their wheel.
What type of personalitys do they have ? Mycroft is a piggie, and is always looking for snacks. Watson is kind of dumb, sometimes I think he's blind or something, he's just oblivious to everything. He's very squishy. Mycroft tries to eat my fingers a lot.
Are any of your rats agressive ? Mycroft tries to eat my fingers, but I think he thinks they are food, I don't think he's being mean. Its still scary, though...
What food do they like best ? They like whatever I give them... I've only had them a few weeks, and haven't given them much variety yet.
What food do they hate ? I haven't found anything they won't eat
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else ? they live in my room, which is where all of my non-cat friendly critters live.
How often do you bathe them ? I haven't yet, they keep each other fairly clean,
How many times a day do you let them out ? two or three times, basically whenever I'm bored and want some rattie lovin'
How long are they out for ? a few minutes at a time, my room isn't very rat-friendly right now, so I can't let them out for very long
What are the good points of having a rat ? they are like little monkey-dogs. They are very smart, and friendly, and super adorable.
What are the bad points of having a rat ? a squeaky wheel at night...
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL ? my mom "hates" rodents. She used to wake me up each morning bringing treats to my girls when I had them, though... She just says she hates them, i think. My brother really is scared of them, sometimes I'll walk into his room, and hold one of them in front of his face, and he screams. its really funny. He's 17, is over 6 feet tall, and he's afraid of cute little rats. My dad doesn't know about them. My sister is allergic to them, so she can't hold them, but its not really an issue since she has her own house.
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them ? monkey-dogs.
Funniest thing they have ever done ? the other day I got a silly picture of Watson turning his head upside-down. it was really cute.

4 cats: Radar, Oscar, Mackintosh, Qwilleran
1 dog: Daphne
3 rabbits: Barbarella Bunny. DC's Lucy, Ricky
1 daddy-long leg spider: Spidey
8 assorted tarantulas
1 madagascar hissing cockroach: Lady
3 chickens
1 ball python: Eve
1 corn snake: Charisma
1 California kingsnake: Honey
1 tortoise: Charlie
2 Mali Uromastyx: Nick and Nora
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 03:32 PM

I have two rats.

Kenshin and Yuki. They are both males.

Where did you get them ?
The local pet store in my town.

I don't know. They've grown since I've got them.

180 gallon terrarium. (4ft X 2 ft x 2ft)

They are only active after two in the morning and settle down for a lazy day after six in the morning.

Yuki is a very timid rat. He doesn't come out of his house or boxes very often unless it is pretty quiet. He loves shoulders and playing in my hair. Kenshin loves standing up and looking at people. He is very dominent and loves to explore and type on the computer keyboard.

No.

They love their papaya yougert treats and fresh carrot sticks.

What food do they hate ?
If they hate any type of food, I haven't found it yet.

They are in my room.

I haven't really had to yet.

Once or twice a day.

As long as I have time for! So it varies with what is going on in the house.

They are sweethearts. They are always happy to see you. They have so much personality. They are so very very very cute!!!! Did I mention that they are cute?

Bad points.....bad points..... Hmmm. I buy them the really good food and yesterdays news for their cage since they are allergic to aspen. So it can get pricey.

My husband and daughter LOVE our rats! If you teach your children young that ALL animals are wonderful, then you don't have any problems. The rest of my pet family members either don't love them so much (gerbils, mice) or love them too much (cats).

They are wonderful family pets. They are gentel and playful. Most rats are good with kids. They are loving and are very similar to having a dog. Except you don't have to walk them in the rain!

My best memory with my rats was when I won Yuki's trust. That wasn't easy by any means. It took a very long time. But the first time he took a treat from me was a time I will never forget.

I had given my two boys a Whopper candy milk carton. Yuki and Kenshin loved it so much, they tried to fit it into their plastic igloo house. It wouldn't fit, so they nibbled the top off and wedged it about 2/3 of the way in. When I looked at Kenshin through the chewed off top, he looked at me like he was so proud of himself! It was so adorable!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

They're all males: Meatball, Ragu, Cosmo, Ralphie, and Norbert

Where did you get them ?
I got Meatball from Petsmart, and the other four are his sons

Meatball will be three in November, the other's just turned 5 months old

A super pets cage

Meatball is somewhat lazy because he's older. The younger ones are more active. They're less active than my females were.

Meatball and Ragu love to be held. The others are a little more skittish, especially Ralphie.

Meatball and Cosmo can be

Any

What food do they hate ?
None

In the computer/animal room

Never

Twice currently, because of their medicine, but typically three times a week and talk to them and give them treats daily

depends

They're so lovable, clean, enjoyable

If you don't like the smell

they like them

see the good points

all except the ones where they're sick or in pain

When one of them chased my cat out of the room

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 10:47 PM

I have 5.

Bubbles, Archimedes, Jack and Louie are my boys. Mikiboo is the last of my 5 girls.

Where did you get them ?
Bubbles from a Petsmart that I worked at. Archimedes from Petco. Jack and Louie from a breeder. Mikiboo from a breeder who worked at a mom&pop shop before they switched owners, fired everyone, hired morons and started selling puppies >_<. (As you can tell I'm not happy with them lol.)

Mikiboo is 3 years old. Bubbles is 1 year (DOB: March 27, 07). Archimedes will be 1 yr on July 30th. Jack and Louie are 7 weeks.

The boys are in a gigantic, wrought iron sugar glider/finch cage. Mikiboo is in small, single level cage due to her disabilities.

The three older rats are super lazy, and the two babies are balls of energy.

Mikiboo is old. She's very mommy-like. She loved her sisters and took care of each one of them when they got old and sick. She would take them the best food from the food dish and put it in a neat pile right in front of them so that they didn't have to get up. She groomed them, and even helped them walk sometimes -- even when she herself had a hard time walking. She's not very mobile anymore and has trouble walking with her back legs. She's also gone deaf =(. But she's hanging in there.

Bubbles is bubbly and squishy. He doesn't walk or waddle -- he bounces.
Archimedes is extremely intelligent. When he was only 2 months old he found a way to walk all the way around my room without ever touching the floor.
Jack is twitchy. He loves to play! He will play with anything that wiggles.
Louie is a lover. He loves to snuggle and give kisses. He's a character, I'll tell ya. He's got me wrapped around his little finger. Every time he sniffles or sneezes I run to pick him up, and he'll curl up by my side and fall asleep. Right now he's got himself stretched out on my leg.

Not at all. Unless "lick" and "to death" would be considered aggression.

SHHH! Don't say food! I'm sure they'd eat chili peppers without complaint.

What food do they hate ?
NOTHING. The little fatties...

In my room ^_^

I never bathe them. If their tails are gunky I'll take a damp paper towel to it.

Every night.

All night.

They love you eternally. No matter what you do to them, or what trauma they've been through... if given the right person they can overcome even the worst of things. They give me the feeling of friendship that no other human can give me -- the kind that they will listen any time there's something wrong, and give kisses every time you hold them. The knowledge that they will never abandon you -- only you can abandon them. And the fact that they love you for simply being you.

There are none. If you can't take the bad, you don't deserve the good. Even being piddle-marked doesn't bother me any more. I figure that's what soap is for.

My family loves my rats.

The fastest way to their hearts is through their stomach.

There are no best memories. I love every single memory with my rats, even the worst ones. Although I will never forget how Mizune used to stand on the edge of the couch and "dance" every time I looked at her.

The time Totoro jumped in the toilet XD! She never did that again, and the icky boys never left the toilet seat open either! LOL
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:42 PM
RAT ADDICT

How many rats do you have ? Currently just the 3.
What are there names and sexes ? Ninja,Kahlua and Rascal - all male.
Where did you get them ? Ninja was bred by me,Kahlua came from a one time rat breeding and Rascal came from a girl who could no longer keep him.
How old are they ( if you dont know just leave blank )? Ninja is about 2 yrs,Kahlua is 7 months old and Rascal is about 1 yr.
What type of cage do you have for them ? Kahlua and Rascal live in a Martin's Cage and Ninja,who is grumpy and won't accept anyone else,is in a guinea pig cage.
Are they active or lazy? Lazy mostly.Kahlua and Rascal have their hyper/playful moments tho.
What type of personalitys do they have? Ninja is my little boy.He is very sweet,cuddly,friendly and affectionate.Kahlua is a tad shy,but friendly and playful.Rascal is a little rascal! Heh.They are all friendly,but each are a little different in their own way.
Are any of your rats agressive ? No.
What food do they like best ? They are fed a homemade mix mainly and lab block.They also get fruits/veggies,bread,rice and several other things!
What food do they hate ? I don't know.They seem to like everything I give them.Oh...they are not too fond of pretzels.
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else ? They are in a room,where all my cages/pets are kept.
How often do you bathe them ? Rarely.
How many times a day do you let them out ? At least once...sometimes more,if I am not busy or doing anything else.
How long are they out for ? I try to have them out for at least an hour.Sometimes they get out for a longer time then that.
What are the good points of having a rat ? They are like little dogs,but you don't have to worry about taking them out in crappy weather to pee/poop! They love you and give you as much love and affection (if not more) as you give them.
What are the bad points of having a rat ? Their lifespan.
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL ? My family loves them! So do most of my friends!
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them ? Friendly,clean,smart,affectionate little companions!
Best memory you have had with your rats ? I have several.
Funniest thing they have ever done ? Ummm...my rats are always doing funny stuff.But one thing that I find really funny is how two of my old rats,Zephyr and Jellyroll (R.I.P boys) would steal money,coupons and other odds and ends that were mine and stahs them in their cages/beds.During cleaning I would find all kinds of "treasures"!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 07:34 PM

How many rats do you have? 2
What are there names and sexes? Daisy & Lily (both girls)
Where did you get them? PetSmart
How old are they ( if you dont know just leave blank )? Around 10 months old, I think
What type of cage do you have for them? Super Pet® Deluxe My First Home Cage for Exotics
Are they active or lazy? They are both active, but Daisy can be really lazy at times
What type of personalitys do they have? They are very sweet
Are any of your rats agressive? No
What food do they like best? Rice Krispies and Multi-Grain Cheerios
What food do they hate? There was some kind of fruit I gave them once and they didn't seem to care for it
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else? The cage is in my bedroom
How often do you bathe them? I don't
How many times a day do you let them out? A few times a day
How long are they out for? Maybe 10 minutes each time
What are the good points of having a rat? They are very loving
What are the bad points of having a rat? Cleaning the cage
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL? My sisters will not touch them
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them? They are very very sweet and loving animals!
Best memory you have had with your rats? Walking around with them on my shoulders.. they get so excited, wondering where we're going
Funniest thing they have ever done? They'll jump in the air and run when we're playing in the bathroom
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:19 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

How many rats do you have?
1, my eldest passed away.

What are there names and sexes?
Mamoru, male, name means Protect in Japanese.

Where did you get them?
He was abandoned at this address in a TINY hamster cage, which was filthy. I took him in even though I was not looking to get anymore rats right away and I could not leave him.

How old are they ( if you dont know just leave blank )?
Unsure, possibly 1 year or close to 2.

What type of cage do you have for them?
Big cage suitable for a rabbit, had to get something bigger!!

Are they active or lazy?
Both

What type of personality's do they have?
He is inquisitive, when I get home he must smell my hand to see where I have been, &&clean it. He loves kisses...

Are any of your rats aggressive?
No, never owned one that was. Only time I got bit by a rat was my first big boy Nibbler, I was passing food and he missed it. All of them were sweet hearts.

What food do they like best?
ANYTHING!!

What food do they hate?
NOTHING, but I will not give them foods that are not approved.

Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else?
My room

How often do you bathe them?
Not very often, maybe 2-3x a year at MAX as they dont really need it.

How many times a day do you let them out?
He is out all day, I have the top open and he wanders around ((not the whole room))

How long are they out for?
All day and night...he decides when to sleep.

What are the good points of having a rat?
They are so sweet and are like a mini dog, they are perfect.

What are the bad points of having a rat?
They not living very long, and being prone to respiratory problems.

Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL?
Well none of the kids are afraid, I'd say some adults and my nanny, but that is all.

If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them?
The smallest dog in the world!!

Best memory you have had with your rats?
So many, too many to name!! Well one would be when I had hairless rats. Me and my cousin took the last four who was living at the pet store for at least a year, no one wanted them so we paid 2 for 1.

I took one of them out on a LONG walk as the other boy did not like being out too long. He got to see nature and animals, like ducks, pigeons and seagulls. He love that day out, he got to see REAL nature for once in his short life. He was tuckered out on the way home. I have a photos here. It was memorable as he never seen this for years, only the cage and fake light. His brother also went out but not too far.

Look at his face!!

Another happy face

What IZ this thing??

Tuckered out!!

Funniest thing they have ever done?
Again too many!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Last edited by GeishaGirl; 06-01-2008 at 10:26 PM.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 02:18 AM

GeishaGirl, I love your rats! Especially your hairless rat! I don't see how come anyone WOULDN'T want him! What a cutie!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How many rats do you have--31
What are there names and sexes--6 females (Lucy the PEW, Peaches the beige berk, Gretel the dumbo agouti rex, Izzy the double rex dumbo, and Agatha and Agnes the white and brown dumbo barebacks.) 5 males (Merlin the PEW, Figgy the Brown and white dumbo hooded, Rat Fink the double rex, Quinton gray and white dumbo, and Lecter red eyed brown and white dumbo) and 20 unsexable babies
Where did you get them--Two from petstores, 9 from friends and private breeders, 20 from our breeding project

How old are they--wide range of ages
What type of cage do you have for them--several different cages depending on needs and personality of the rats
Are they active or lazy--Girls are very active, boy are very lazy
What type of personalitys do they have--Broad range, I have two fairly skittish ones, two cuddly love muffins who just want to be with me, two acrobats that love to learn tricks and commands, and several very lazy food motivated boys.
Are any of your rats agressive--Right now Agatha is in defense of her new babies, but usually none of them areWhat food do they like best--Mostly they like to have lots of variety
What food do they hate--This one pellet food I tried a couple of weeks ago, every single one of them went hungry to avoid it.
Where do you keep them in there own room or somewhere else--They and the guinea pigs are in the rodent room
How often do you bathe them--Rarely, I don't usually find it necessary. The exception is the hairless who get bathed and oiled down every few weeks.
How many times a day do you let them out--That depends on the day, as often as possible, but probably less now that I'm hand feeding babies.
How long are they out for--Again that depends on the day and the rat. I have some that can stay out a long time without making messes or getting completely away from me, others are still working on training.
What are the good points of having a rat--intelligence, sweetness, appearance, fun
What are the bad points of having a rat--cage cleaning, life span
Do all your family members like them or are they scared LOL--They're warming up. My husband loves them though.
If you could write a comment about rats how would you describe them--Definitely the best mammals to have as pets, smart, trainable, sweet and clean
Best memory you have had with your rats--Every moment with Boris my first hairless rat (R.I.P Boris)Funniest thing they have ever done--Hard to say, every day is a circus with them. Just last night my two hugest boys cuddled up together in a house that was barely big enough when they were 6 weeks old, it was hilarious with little bits of rat butt sticking out on every side, looked like a clown car.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Geisha girl I love the picture of your hairless boy sitting on the rock and on your friends shoulder, he looks like he had such a great day exploring the real world. Those pictures really made me smile .

Tags
pet store rats