Ratty Thread - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Ratty Thread

I got this idea from Luvnature in the piggy forum!Sorry Luvnature,the GP thread was a greyt and cute idea,so I had to do a similar one here!!

Lets share our ratty familes!!

1.How many rats in your family?
2.What variety are they?
3.Sexes?
4.Names?

AND YOU HAVE TO POST PICTURES!Thats a rule!!!

1.I have 5 ratties
2.Agouti self standard,Fawn broken hooded dumbo,Black self dumbo,Seal point siamese dumbo and Silver black berkshire dumbo!
3.ALL MALES!
4.Paco,Armand,Ninja,Jellyroll and Zephyr!

Armand and Ninja

Paco

Zephyr

Jellyroll

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I don't have any ratties right now but I've been thinking about talking to my mom about getting at least one. I miss having the little guys around. Yours are absolutely adorable though

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Stinky Liverbrain

I have just one. 8(

He's a standard albino, male and his name is Algernon

Casually I had taken these NEW pictures the other day. 8)

You know, lately I've been dreaming about ratties... I've had 3 separate dreams in the past month.

One was that I was going out with my mom, and I find a box full of rats in the garage when I'm going out (as if someone had just left the box there). I tell mom to give me a second while I put them in a cage. There were around 7 adults and 20 babies (fully furred, eyes closed). There were albinos, fawn, blacks and agoutis in self, berk and hooded. And also, one of the adults was rex... and purple... lol

The other dream was that I was in a petstore and there was a sickly looking baby rat. The dream consisted of me debating wheter I should take the baby rat or not... and thinking that I had to take her to the ver ASAP, but it was sunday and my exotics vet is not available... but I had his home phone and could call him... but I didn't wanted to bother him... and well.. I don't know if I took it or not... cause all the dream I just stayed there looking at her and thinking... this rat was exactly like Uriel was when I got her... only that sick looking (ruby-eyed fawn self, mouse-sized)

The last dream, which was a couple of days ago, a friend of mine was going to be out of her house for a week so she asked me to care her rats (mind you, she doesn't actually have rats... but mice..) So she arrived my home with a 10g tank with 3 adult rats and around 20 babies, ranging from pinkies to hoppers... Well.. I was planning on keeping one of the babies, and was looking at them to choose one of them... and there were blues, brindle and white tiger brindles... lol (and yes, they were rats... not mice... lol)

Sorry for babbling so much... lol

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Adolescent Pup

Hi

We have 8 ratties. Our original rats: Sox & Chops--Petsmart, naughty rats--are black/white hoodies almost 17mos; Inky & Oreo--adopted from a vet's surprise litter--Inky was a black hooded bareback. She died on 2/7/07 and we are still heartbroken over it. Oreo is a brown rex. She's great but she has a mam tumor and soon I think we will lose her. For Valentine's I told my hubby that I wanted 5 rat boys! So on 2/18 we brought home Cadoo (beige rex hoodie), Cosmo (beige hoodie), Jinx (black berkshire dumbo), Moe (double rex dumbo--he keeps going between a hairless to a fawn rexy), and Ziggy (beige hooded bareback rex) Whew--- They are all brothers. It's hard to believe that Jinx is a bro but he is. There was one bro we didn't take home with us from the litter that looked like Jinx. I felt really bad about leaving him there. I went back 4 days later but someone else got him. Here are pix of the rats. Sox & Chops and Oreo are older pix though. Pix are of Sox & Chops together. Then Oreo in a basket of foliage. Then I have pix of the boys in a basket but you cant see little Ziggy so I added another of the Ziggy. Oh he is so darned cute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sox and chops and egg.jpg (52.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg oreo in plants again.jpg (40.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg rats in a basket.jpg (50.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg oh my ziggy.jpg (33.8 KB, 8 views)

Redsweettart

boys: cadoo, cosmo, jinx, moe, ziggy
girlies: sox, chops

gone: Inky--2/7/07 Oreo 4/1/07
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

I just have to add a couple more pictures of the boys. They are now 10wks old. I took pics right after we got them and can't believe how much they've grown since then. Just check out Jinx's ears and Moe's for that matter. Oh so sweet, you could just eat them. The first on is Jinx. He is so soft and shiny little dude. I say little but he is almost 300gr at 10wk! The next one is Ziggy attacking Cosmo and there is Moe just looking on. Boy the love to play. The final pix is Jinx enjoying a carrot right after I put them in their new cage.

We kept the boys in a 20gal aquarium for about a week and a half until my e'bay cage arrived. The cage is a beauty too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jinx on balancing.jpg (37.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg cosmo, ziggy and moe looking on.jpg (45.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Jinx eating.jpg (8.3 KB, 55 views)

Redsweettart

boys: cadoo, cosmo, jinx, moe, ziggy
girlies: sox, chops

gone: Inky--2/7/07 Oreo 4/1/07

Last edited by redsweettart; 03-16-2007 at 12:07 PM.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I have 4

2 black hoodied, 1 beige hooded, and a hairless dumbo

2: 2 year olds, 1: 3 month and 1: 4 month

all girls. i have pictures on other threads

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

1) I have 33 of my own, and 4 fosters.
2) all top ears except my first and only dumbo Tosca, pearl merles, blue hooded, black hoodies, PEW's, black berks, rexes, fawns, agouti's, mink bareback, beige and beige hoodeds...
The foster boys are mink merle, pearl merle hooded, PEW and collared mismarked hooded rex.
3) Names...*deep breath* ...Selene, Portia, Bear, Tucker, Rennie, Teya, Beni, Ortiz, Faline, Dolci, Moth, Hestia, Bronwen, Talli, Angel, Megan, Kismet, Cleo, Tosca, Fayth, Dilbert, Brie, Vesta, Valora, Kamali, Kyrie, Asha, Adia, Aura, Prima, Terra, Lucine and Zuri.
4) There are 28 girls (12 spayed) and 5 neutered boys of my own, and the 4 intact foster boys.

There are pics of my rat family on this forum somewhere, but I will show pics of the foster boys instead.

They came to me with a bad mite infestation which I took care of with a dose of Revolution.
First night with me.
Webster with typical mite scabs on his shoulders

Poor scabby Marty..look at that face

Young silly Calloway

And big boy Charlie

Now 2 weeks in my care
Nervous, itchy Marty is now a groomer and a licker

Webster loves people and loves his scritches especially

Calloway is becoming quite friendly...very unsocialized youngster

Charlie is a character!!

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Awww...greyt pics everyone! Those poor fosters,all scabbed up! Glad your looking after them now!

* Lisa *

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Part of the Pack

I have 2 boys Chess

and Checkers

I don't know what kind they are, here's one of the two of them together
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

They are hoodeds! And very handsome hoodeds at that!

* Lisa *

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Part of the Pack

Question: checkers gets quite aggresive with food. He's very snatchy when taking it, he'll run and hide it right away, qnd he sometimes fights with and chases chess away from the food. Chess is quite scared after this happens. Anything I can do?
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 08:45 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Wink

1.How many rats in your family? 6
2.What variety are they? Mainly Dumbos and a couple standards
3.Sexes? All male
4.Names?
Sushi, Nibbler, Karma, Timbit, Xavier & Zero
I will have to get different pics as I only got this one recently, but I got all of them in it!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

im so jelous of your solid black ones, i looked for black ones but they didnt have any so i got 2 really cute hoodies

[/CENTER]

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Those are actually berkshires (white belly/paws)...I know this,because those rats were from one of my litters! I have a solid black (not a speck of white on him) ratty named Ninja!

* Lisa *

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aw they are both cute (solid black and berkshires) i want them!

[/CENTER]

Tags
black hooded, white belly