Really want some more rats :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Unhappy Really want some more rats :(

I just need to air really. Thought there was no one better who could understand than my PT friends
Since Pepper and Husky passed away I really want a new couple of babies. Not just because I miss having them, but because it is killing me seeing Rayray so miserable! He won't sleep in his bed and I can't give him all the attention he needs. I was letting him snuggle in my bed, which he really enjoyed, but he started chewing through all my bed linen so I stopped doing it...
It's the perfect time for me to get a last two rats, because I'm fifteen, so I'll still be in school and able to look after them.
My Mum likes the idea; mainly for Rayray's sake and to cheer me up, but my Dad won't budge. He's got no reason not to let me have them; he is at work for every day, all day, apart from Sundays, so it doesn't affect him in any way. I mean, if I were to get them without him knowing, he wouldn't even notice I had them. But as much as thats tempting, if he found out, than it would create a lot of trouble for my parents relationship.
Maybe next time we go to the pet store I can suck up to dad. He always gives in to my puppy dog eyes aha!
But I doubt it. Huh, oh well. How do you guys takes your minds of these kinda mind games?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh hun, I am right there with you! I wish I could get more, my cages look so empty. Recently down to just one boy, but I don't plan on getting more for a while. My life is just too crazy right now and I really need to be saving money, not spending it on the vet. I also would like to move across the country in the next 2-3 years and that would be so hard to do with rats. I am just at a place in my life where it doesn't make sense to take on any more pet commitments for a while.

At least my roommate has a dog so I will have her to love on even if I don't have pets of my own!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...I know how you feel.I don't need anymore rats now,besides I am in the process of getting new cages,so I am trying to focus on that.But when I was ratless,it killed me.

Maybe you can convince your dad that your lone rat would do much better with friends?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Thank you both
I didn't realise I was going to miss them so much, but looking at the photo's yesterday I just birst into tears
Me and Mum have been trying to tell dad that Rayray would be better with a friend, but it's difficult for him to understand. I hoping he'll give up in the end though.
Thank again

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10

Tags
rats