Recues! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Recues!

I'm back! Well went to someones house today with a friend to pick up a snake, and when she showed us what she was feeding them I saw the saddest things ever She was keeping 34 mice in a 5 gallon tank and they were all beat up and had missing tails ears bits of fur and you name well i noticed one of them was pregnant and I begged this woman if i could please have her, well i ended up paying 10 dollars but its worth it to get her outta that place and into a safe warm house (she was keeping them in a shed outside with no heat lamp) to have her sweet little ones in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

aww the poor sweet thing,im glad shes safe with u

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Me too, and my other mice think so too they love her. shes ready to go any day now shes HUGE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Hello Earthling

Its really unfortunate that people like this make snake owners look bad for breeding their own mice and rats.

At least you got her out. Congrats!

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks! i know, I own snakes myself but you wont catch me feeding non frozen ones to them. she was the only one who didnt have something missing

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

aww thats so sad you should report that person doesn't matter if there going to snake food or not its not fair that they are in such poor condition

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

You are right, I think I will call the ASPCA tomorrow cause her reptiles didnt look that great either

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:13 PM
RAT ADDICT

Aww...while I don't have problems with snakes eating,people like this bother me.When I get my snake,if I breed my own feeders they will be treated just like my pets and get the best until given to the snake.

I am glad you got to take her in.Name and pictures?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzysangel View Post
Thanks! i know, I own snakes myself but you wont catch me feeding non frozen ones to them. she was the only one who didnt have something missing

Same. I only feed frozen/thawed to my girl. Live poses to much of a danger.

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Aww...while I don't have problems with snakes eating,people like this bother me.When I get my snake,if I breed my own feeders they will be treated just like my pets and get the best until given to the snake.

I am glad you got to take her in.Name and pictures?
Haven't figured a name out yet, and I tried taking pics but shes a shy one poor baby. Name ideas help though

post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My brother had a boa once, and there was this mouse that he wouldn't eat, so I begged and begged my brother about letting me have the mouse! I named him "Lunch" he was soon joined by Dinner and Breakfast..unfortunatly I didn't realize that Lunch was a girl until Dinner killed Breakfast, and then we had lots o little Brunch babies! I named them all after breakfast food..Sausage, Pancakes, Oatmeal and Cheeseburger (ok that one isn't breakfast) But I'd forgotten that until just now!

I've heard that feeding frozen is best, but never having owned a snake, I wouldn't know. I'm glad you got the Momma mouse outta there. Ironicly, I lived in Temperance MI when we had the mice!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleDeedle3 View Post
My brother had a boa once, and there was this mouse that he wouldn't eat, so I begged and begged my brother about letting me have the mouse! I named him "Lunch" he was soon joined by Dinner and Breakfast..unfortunatly I didn't realize that Lunch was a girl until Dinner killed Breakfast, and then we had lots o little Brunch babies! I named them all after breakfast food..Sausage, Pancakes, Oatmeal and Cheeseburger (ok that one isn't breakfast) But I'd forgotten that until just now!

I've heard that feeding frozen is best, but never having owned a snake, I wouldn't know. I'm glad you got the Momma mouse outta there. Ironicly, I lived in Temperance MI when we had the mice!
Yeah, frozen is waaaay better I couldnt send a live mouse to my snakes lol. I think I am going back there to see what else i can rescue, maybe get more mice theyll love the new tank (55 gallons)

post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I'm very glad that you rescued her! You are going to have to show us pictures when she settles
That's really sad that she would keep them in that condition. It's not that hard or expensive to keep them in at least healthy conditions!
Some people are really annoying like that!!! I can't believe that she made you pay $10! But at least you got her out.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I cant believe she charged me 10 either LOL, but I felt like I needed to get her out of there she just spoke to my heart lol.

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I managed to get 1 pic shes nesting like crazy and came out to drink and i snapped this photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT9858.jpg (60.5 KB, 13 views)

Tags
babies, mouse, rescue