Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Resp. infection.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
Well, Skewer's been getting a little sneezy for the past couple of days so I took him to the vet this afternoon. He has a bit of a resp. infection, but the vet doesn't think it's very bad so hopefully it'll clear up ok. They gave me a combination of Baytril and Doxycycine, mixed with pineapple juice. I'm supposed to give him a dropper full twice a day for a week. I wasn't quite sure how to give it to him so I had the vet do the first dose. Well, he pulled the dropper out of his hand trying to get more, so at least I know that'll be easy enough, I'll just put it in a spoon for him. :lol:

#3 ·
AWW....at least you wont have a hard time convincing him to take his medicine!

#5 ·
I'm just glad he likes it. And now I know what sort of treats to give him. He really hasn't been interested in food before. I've tried all sorts of things that the girls love, but nothing has worked.

#6 ·
:lol: I've read stories with people trying to get their rats to take medicine with no luck.

It's funny that you say he's not interested in food...lol...my one rat won't eat meat...I call him my little vegetarian. All the other rats gobble it up like there no tomorrow.

#8 ·
pinkie1205 said:
It's funny that you say he's not interested in food...lol...my one rat won't eat meat...I call him my little vegetarian. All the other rats gobble it up like there no tomorrow.
My girls will eat anything! But whenever I try to give him something he just sits there and looks at me like I've lost my mind, lol.

#9 ·
pinkie1205 said:
All of my rats LOVE meat...LOL! I am a vegetarian,but every now and again I will buy meat for my rats (plus Jason eats it) and they absolutly love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.