Right or wrong? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Question Right or wrong?

Ok well its the 12th of july here well 11th/12th and its a holiday time over in belfast and my bf is from scotland hes lived here for a year and only see;s his family like once or twice and his dad came over today to stay with him well lets get to the point ! the rats stay at my bfs house because theres more room and im basically there every night well do you guys think this ok ? i can really only let the rats out for about 20mins because his dad and stuff are having fun with my family and its crowded and plus im out loads over these 2 days they always have a full food bowl water and loads of toys do you think it would be ok to let them out for 20mins floor time plus extra cuddles just for 2days ? untill things settle down i really am trying my best i dont go on holiday so this is like a holiday to me am i being a bad rat mom ? i feel really bad but they get talked to and cuddled and given treats all day ?
Just be honest guys i can handle anything you guys think

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I think that would be fine for 2 days. I know you normally have them out a lot, and it won't scar them for life or anything. Just relax and have a good time with your bf's family.

When my dad's whole family was visiting I had a hard time spending time with my guys too. If it was quiet and not too hectic I would try to take just one out and put him in my sweater to hang out while I socialized. It's easier to keep track of one, and with all the unfamiliar smells and noises they were content to stay with me and didn't try to wander off and explore. It got them out of the cage more than the small amount of time I had to dedicate to just them.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Thanks alot !
You have made me feel much better
Yeah i always have them out for cuddles and everyone greets them when they come into his house cause the rats are in the hall they see everything and everyone!
Also get alot of treats from people HA!
Thanks *Hugs*

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
RAT ADDICT

Yes,that will be fine.
It's only for a couple of days.

I have gone out of town and had people look after my rats and they wouldn't take them out for long.I felt horrible about it,but it was only for a few days.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

yeah sounds fine hun! I always say that 2 days is fine and looks like everyone agree's

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10