Photos! Roger & Al ~ playtime on the bed - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Roger & Al ~ playtime on the bed

I had my 2 young boys out tonight, playing on the bed with me. So I thought I'd share some pics. Man they are getting big!! Roger is the tan one, Al is the Blue and white one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 06:02 AM

Wow! Didn't you JUST post pictures of them? Al barely had grown into his head! Now they're big boys!

They're so cute! Roger is a beeeeautiful boy - the color of sand! I don't see tan rattys that often. But I have one about the same size. I'm scared to let him scurry on my bed; he's so fast!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Al is the cutest thing in the world! (it's the blaze! i love the blazed ones hehe)
And roger really does have a nice color! The friend who is looking after my rat has a tan one, except she's hooded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 AM

aww...they are really cute!!! i love them there just adorably.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

I know, they are getting big SO fast! Well shortly after I put them on the bed, I hear nails dragging, and I look over and Roger is sliding down the bed to the floor LOL. Luckily I've been working with them on coming when i call and the only thing Roger responds to yet is when I scratch my nails on something, so I just scratched the carpet, and he came running to me. Then he didn't try to get off the bed again, because we had a talk about how dangerous it is and I think he understood. hehe

In a few of the pics, Roger looks like he is missing fur on his back. It freaked me out at first, so I went and looked at him again, but its just that his fluffy baby undercoat is a lighter tan color, so in the pics it looks like hes going bald LOL.

And, I fell in love with one of the other baby boys last night when it was feeding time. So I might keep him now too... He looks like a light yellow in real life, you can't see it well in the pics though. My husband said I can't keep him because we are already keeping one of Maddie's boys, and that 6 boys is already too many. But we'll see.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

They are adorable! I love them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 PM

Oh, who listens to hubbys anyways. Just sneak him in the cages!

I'd be so scared of my boy sliding off the bed like that!! I have wires and cats looming...So I just designate a table for them. When he's a bigger boy and more lazy, he can sit and play video games with me (like Da Vinci enjoys).

And what's wrong with a bald ratty?? I'm kidding. They're all too cute to handle.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

We have plenty of other animals that I wouldn't want to come in contact with my baby rats if one did get lost on the floor. That's why I only let them roam when I'm sure that no dogs or cats or snakes are in the room and the door is closed. So even if he did get off the bed and I didn't know, he couldn't go far. He'd be hungry really soon, and would come and find me haha.

I really might just sneak that boy into the cage lol. Hubby doesn't really do much with the rats anyways, so he would never notice.

Oh and about bald rats... I LOVE hairless rats. I want another one SO bad, but none have been at any of the rescues out here. And I refuse to buy any more rats from large pet stores. I might talk to the lady that owns the pet store out here, and see if her supplier ever has hairless rats. He's the one that we got Clyde and Julia from 2 years ago, and they were really healthy and the guy seems to take somewhat good care of his rats.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Part of the Pack

they're all cute, so perfect

Pets name: Cheryl

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

They are all very cute!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. They're even bigger today! I was just playing with the boys and theyre bodies are long now, they're at an awkward stage haha.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMarie View Post
Thank you. They're even bigger today! I was just playing with the boys and theyre bodies are long now, they're at an awkward stage haha.
Aw, I think your boys and my Remmy are the same age, or close. He's gotten longer, but not wider. I hope he gets bigger soon; Da Vinci tries to play with him, but he's never played with a boy so young I think, so he plays a bit too rough still. All in due time, I suppose.

(You have lots of threads I just noticed! Haha! )
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure he will grow really fast, and then you will wish he was a cute little baby still because it goes by so fast. That's how I always feel haha. I'm like "Hurry up and grow!" And then they are full grown within a few months, then I'm sad because I don't have enough baby pics of them haha.

My adult males, thankfully, are very gentle with the babies. I introduce them to the older boys when they are around 2 months old. I've worried a few times that Clyde might attack any of the babies. But he never does. He loves them all. He was even in the cage once after a female had babies, and he was in there for 2 weeks and never bothered the babies or the mom. (I was out of town and my husband "Forgot" to take Clyde out of the cage on the day I told him to, so Julia ended up giving birth with Clyde in the cage) He's just an easy going rat I guess, and he teaches it to all my boys, because Max and Gilbert are both exactly like him haha.

Yea, I do have a lot of threads, you're right. I take a lot of pics, and I love to share haha.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 12:20 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are cute.Thanks for sharing.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *