sad sad sad - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Unhappy sad sad sad

Sue died. I don't know why. I was in Pigeon Forge, TN for Break Away (Christian camp for young people, really awesome) and my mom was taking care of my pets. She's takes really good care of them for me when I'm gone. But when I got home tonight, I went in my room and looked in their cage and she was curled up in the corner. I knew something wasn't right and I reached in a petted her and she was dead. I started crying and told my mom she killed her. Which I feel bad about. I think she's been dead for awhile and my mom said she's been curled up in the corner everyday, but she thought she was asleep. Anyways. I feel really sick.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I am so sorry. I know how you feel exactly.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm so sorry. Do you still have your other rattie? Are you going to get her a friend? My thoughts are with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

I'm sorry for your loss. 8(

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 11:25 PM

I am sorry
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am so sorry
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 02:57 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh no! i so loved sue! she was truly one of my favorite animals here on the forum!! i'm so sorry for you. please let me know if you want to talk. my thoughts are with you and sue.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

im so sorry! last night my rat Hunter almost died too and i feeling crap yet

My pets:

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks everyone. Should I wait a few days before I get a new friend for my other rattie? I would really like another hairless, but am thinking that I shouldn't get one, because their health is really more fragile than rats with hair. I'm still not sure why Sue died. She died in her sleep. I'm not sure how old she was. Maude, the other rat, seems kinda lost w/out her. I held her last night for a long time and she cleaned my hand, which she has never done. I guess she misses Sue. But, I'm just gonna remember the time I had with Sue, and how sweet and gentle she was. I don't think she was ever really healthy, cause she wasn't very active, and she slept alot. I just hope it wasn't something contagious. I disinfected the cage, waterbottle, and bowls, and threw out all the old toys. I'm going to keep my eye on Maude, and at the first sign of illness, get her to the vet. I guess I just thought that since Sue was older, she was lazier. Anyways, maybe I'll go get Maude a new friend today.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovesmepets
Thanks everyone. Should I wait a few days before I get a new friend for my other rattie? I would really like another hairless, but am thinking that I shouldn't get one, because their health is really more fragile than rats with hair. I'm still not sure why Sue died. She died in her sleep. I'm not sure how old she was. Maude, the other rat, seems kinda lost w/out her. I held her last night for a long time and she cleaned my hand, which she has never done. I guess she misses Sue. But, I'm just gonna remember the time I had with Sue, and how sweet and gentle she was. I don't think she was ever really healthy, cause she wasn't very active, and she slept alot. I just hope it wasn't something contagious. I disinfected the cage, waterbottle, and bowls, and threw out all the old toys. I'm going to keep my eye on Maude, and at the first sign of illness, get her to the vet. I guess I just thought that since Sue was older, she was lazier. Anyways, maybe I'll go get Maude a new friend today.
She may have died of old age if you hadn't noticed any symptoms. I'm not a rattie disease expert though, but if it were me I would prob go out and get my rattie a friend because I know how lonely they get without each other. I'm so sorry for your loss.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well first off I want to say I am sorry for your loss, I have lost a few ratties and I know how hard it is. Also I think it would be a good idea to take your other rat to the vet for a check-up just in case. Also where did you get your ratties? I had a hairless who lived five years!! I know that's rare but still I have had and met many a healthy hairless! Please don't buy from a pet shop. For a hairless I would go to a reputable breeder or atleast a rescue. I actually know of several hairless up for adoption and could also recommend a good breeder what areae are you in? Also I would say you should get your other rattie a friend ASAp. But please remmember QUARANTINE for atleast 2 wks. out of your home if at all possible. If you need any info pm me! Good luck!!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

my mother has hairless female rats and takes pretty good care of them and hers would always get sick suddenly and die over night. sorry for your loss, and am sure most people on the fourm know about how you feel.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 02:38 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

So sorry for your loss, and if you ever want to talk you can let me know.

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Just wanted to give you another hug. I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Unhappy

So sorry to hear about Sue.. Big hug from me to you!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Tags
female rat, female rats, male rat, male rats, pet shop, reputable breeder