Scary Stuff! Lucifina can jump BIG heights! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Scary Stuff! Lucifina can jump BIG heights!

I've been trying to clean out the mouse cage for a few days now and having not much luck cause they are always awake and with all their tunnels and stuff I just can't catch them! So this morning I thought they were both asleep and grabbed all their bedding to put them in a bucket. Now with Magic and Pippy I always used a bucket and they never ever jumped out! It's high!
So I got Luci in th ebucket but Sophie mustn't have been fully asleep and so she ran down the tunnel and up the tunnels on the other end. I went and did some study, leaving Luci in the bucket and figured that Sophie would be asleep again soon. Well I've been studying for an hour and a half now and came in to see if Sophie was asleep yet. She's not!! Little devil! Anyway I'd left the bucket on the top shelf of the computer desk (next to their cage) and I looked next to the bucket and realised that there was mouse poo on the desk. At first I thought that Sophie must've flicked some out of the cage but then I seen Luci run behind the cage! I totally freaked! I mean these girls are still pretty scared of humans (although thankfully Luci is trusting me more and more) and I had to catch her. She could have easily jumped down onto the computer monitor, then onto the table and then onto the ground! I can't believe she jumoed out of the bucket! I left nothing in there for her to climb on to gain extra height...she has just done a full spring out of the bucket. I went and got a snow pea thinking I'd grab her when she was eating but she ended up running into their shoe and so I picked the whole shoe up and grabbed her that way.
I don't know what to do with sophie when I get her out now! I'll put a towel over the bucket I think from now on. Hopefully that will keep her in! I wonder how long the little devil was running around my computer desk for. These two are NOTHING like my last girls! They never even attempted the jump!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 07:26 PM

How tall was the bucket? My mouse once jumped the hight of a book and I thought that was high.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Like a normal bucket that you buy at the supermarket....not small or anything.....she's possessed by the devil I'm sure!! I had her in her exercise ball while I cleaned the cage out and when sophie is in there she justs runs around the kitchen cause she can't get the stamina up to roll up onto the carpet. Well I was watching Luci and she did a huge run up and flew straight up on to the carpet and kept going with all her strength!!! She didn't even get scared when my dog kicked the ball with her paw....she just kept going!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 01:33 PM

Is it higher than a foot? I think that is a really high jump for a mouse. Thats funny, though.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

If I knew how high a foot was I could tell you!!! We don't use foot in Aus! Sorry! But yeah it was high jump for a mouse....this girl is completely crazy!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 04:37 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i know this is an old thread -

but a foot is 30 cm carm.

cute story!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

thanks jane!

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 10:17 AM
I Own an Egg Pooper

WOW! haha, mine have never jumped that high. She needs to be in the Mouse Olympics!

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...