Searching - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Searching

So I am now looking for the "perfect" rat.
I love my two boys,but I just want a couple more!

I would like some more rats.Male or female doesn't matter,but of course I am partial to the boys! I checked with the local rescue and they don't have any and nobody has any listed in the paper or anything right now.And there are NO breeders here.Newfoundland is a small place.Someone I talk to,offered two of her rats to me and I agreed to take them,but now it is trying to find transportation.I also never heard from her in a few days.

I was into one of the pet stores today and they only had TWO rats.Both female.I took an interest because they were so cute.A black hooded and an agouti.However while playing with them,the agouti bit me hard on the finger!!! She didn't draw blood,but it hurt.It was not just a nip either.So I passed.I know you can get rats out of that,after all I have rescued a very bitey rat once and with some "work"...she became a very friendly rat.However these two rats today just didn't feel "right".

So I am searching for another rat or two and will keep you updated in this thread.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'd help you if I could, but Nashville to Newfoundland is one heck of a trip! Good luck in your search. You'll know when it feels right!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:30 PM

Ya good luck finding the perfect ratty! I feel the same way lol but my parents dont want anymore animals tee hee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Yeah it is!!!

I just found out there is a bus that starts here and goes all the way to Nashville! Might take a trip that way someday. But that is hella of a long ride!

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That would make you one darn determined ratty owner! And wouldn't it be disappointing if you got here and weren't really feeling connected to any of these?!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvboyrats View Post
That would make you one darn determined ratty owner! And wouldn't it be disappointing if you got here and weren't really feeling connected to any of these?!
Hahahaha...oh well,I still get to meet some greyt ratties AND take a trip! I may go donw that way someday tho,as I know people in Georgia...so who knows!

* Lisa *

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I did get a messege from the girl who offered me a couple of her girlies.I MAY get them tommorrow...we will see.

* Lisa *

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Good luck
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww i am jealous!! I want more ratties lol. 7 is just not enough plus its really weird only having 3 girls now I am gonna have to work on my husband a bit more i think!!!! Good luck finding your perfect ratties! xx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I got a new boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New thread about him,with pics coming soon!
I went to the pet store today to get a new rat carrier and I just had a look at the ratties (of course).Well nestled between a bunch of standard rats which were cute,but plain looking (albino mainly) was a little bareback dumbo! He was the ONLY one there and since it is hard to get dumbos here,I got him.My beloved Ninja (R.I.P) was my last dumbo.

Well I am not sure how old he is,but is young and so cute.He is also quite friendly.No name yet,but I have a few suggestions!!

Oh and I got a cute carrier too!

* Lisa *

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Aww! I can't wait to see pics of him!

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Will It Ever Change?

yay congrats on the ratty!! i can't wait to see him!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:48 AM

congrats on your new rat! ^^
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Ahhhhh YAY More ratties to our massive ratty comunity!!!!!!! I want to see him NOW LOL... I can't wait to see him! What names do you have in mind than?
Congrats a million!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

He is named Sugar Bear,after a character in the movie "Big Money Hustlas".I am gonna post pics of him now in about 2 mins!

* Lisa *