shelves - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

shelves

Hey all
so I got the rattys a new cage,,, only problem is , it didnt come with shelves I was wondering what you guys use for shelves ? or any suggestions heres a pet smart photo of what the cage looks like.(no i did not get it from there ) Im also open to ideas for fun things for the rattys to do inside the cage ^_^

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Last edited by Nibbler; 01-16-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Playful Pup

Shelves

I just added some shelves to mine and just cut some thin plywood, covered it in contact paper, drilled holes in the corners and hung it with shower hooks. I figure as it get's chewed, I'll either recover it, or replace it.

You can get small scrap pieces of wood for pretty cheap at the Home Improvement stores.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despereaux View Post
I just added some shelves to mine and just cut some thin plywood, covered it in contact paper, drilled holes in the corners and hung it with shower hooks. I figure as it get's chewed, I'll either recover it, or replace it.

You can get small scrap pieces of wood for pretty cheap at the Home Improvement stores.
I would of never thought of shower current hooks thanks I use to use the hooks for hammocks when i first started making them

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 12:42 AM
I am allergic to maths

You can by thin baking sheets and slide them
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodentzRule View Post
You can by thin baking sheets and slide them
This too is an awesome idea. Much better than having to cut plywood. I'm stealing... err... borrowing this idea. THANKS!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Those thick plastic baskets you can get I used them on my new cage and I used zip ties to hold them up

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despereaux View Post

I would be careful with the plywood. Its treated with a lot of chemicals.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancritter View Post
I would be careful with the plywood. Its treated with a lot of chemicals.
I use aspen plywood.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
the rodent lover<3

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2753312

I have those for my gerbils
You just screw then to the bars in the cage :3

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~

Tags
shelves