sick mouse help please - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Question sick mouse help please

we have four mice in our cage and one died yesterday. one i thought would not make it thru the night either, but she is okay this morning except for the fact that it appears that her entire rear left side seems to be not useful to her.

she lays on her left side and slides around and wiggles and twist around the cage (i separated her last night to her own cage).

she has an appetiate because i gave her food and she found it on her own today and ate it, sat herself up the best she could and ate a few pieces she found. then i had my hubby hold her and i offered her the water bottle and she licked off my finger the water.

i don't know what to do with her tl help her not to suffer. all of them are atleast one year old.

any suggestions helpful, thanks, debra

can a mouse have a stroke???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I would take them to the vet asap. And yes she probably had a stroke. All you can do is wait and make sure that her needs are attended.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE, OUR POOR MOUSE PASTED last night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Awww I am so sorry for your loss Your mouse is at the Rainbow Bridge healthy and happy waiting for you in many years, Rest in Peace

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 05:59 PM

I'm sorry she didn't make it. I'd still take the others to see a vet in case it was something contagious. A check up is fairly inexpensive and the vet will be able to tell if they got sick from the other two.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

thanks everyone, i (we) really were sad when she passed. i was scared to actually tell my daughter, she kinda took it 1/2 bad, she left the room and then came back a few minutes later, she is a private type of person, sooooo.... but the rest of looking healthy.

however, i switched to bottled water for ALL the pets, we just moved a monthy ago and people have been telling me that the tap water here in palm coast is chemical city.

plus my dog has been a bit odd too, so switched to bottled to be on the safe side, that is the only common thing between all the animals that i can think of.

Tags
sick mouse